What synchs with which calendar?

General talk about our software.
gssher

What synchs with which calendar?

Post by gssher »

I would really like to like Outlook-Android Synch, I am using the trial version. It looks great but it is giving me caniptions because it is creating duplicate copies of calendar entries like multiplying rabbits. I use Outlook Exchange. I have had a gmail calendar but I deleted everything on it. The first time i used OAS it worked great; I did a one-way synch from Outlook to Android. Now that I have started to do 2-way synchs it has gone crazy. Even after wiping out everything on Google Calendar it is replicating google appointments several times over. I am drowning in calendar events. If someone can contact me and walk me through what I need to do to clean it all up and get clean synchs, and if it works, I'll be more than happy and grateful to buy your product. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: What synchs with which calendar?

Post by admin »

Could you please specify which or the syncs sides (Exchange or your Android device) is getting the duplicates? Are these only appointment duplicates? Do you also sync contacts?
gssher

Post by gssher »

Both sides. No, I'm not syncing contacts at this point; I've already spent too much time cleaning them up from other bogus applications. I was getting syncs not only from Exchange but also from a file called "stimson.org," apparently a pst file that I did not create and I suspect your app did create.
<Post edited by admin. Reason: removed ads>
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You cannot get syncs from anything else except for the Exchange server or the PST file you selected (or created) through the program's options. It's hard to say what's causing duplicates without getting as much information as possible from you. Normally no dupes are happening. You could probably delete the program's INI file in order to get the program back to its initial state (all the sync data will be reset in this case and re-created upon the next sync, no Outlook or Android data will be affected) and check how it works then. Thanks.