Sync appointments are one hour out

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
lal179

Sync appointments are one hour out

Post by lal179 »

When I sync my laptop and tablet appointments are given the wrong time. Appointments going from my laptop to my tablet are shown on the tablet as an hour earlier than they should be and the appointments from my tablet to my laptop are shown an hour later than they should be. Both devices are showing the correct time and this has only happened recently. My laptop runs Vista and my tablet is Google Nexus 10 running Android version 5.1.1. I am using Outlook Professional Plus 2010 which I have had for sometime and Sync version 2..2.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync appointments are one hour out

Post by admin »

Please check if the same time zone is used as on your laptop as on your tablet. This is the most frequent cause of such problem. Thanks!
lal179

Post by lal179 »

Both are using GMT + 1 hour for British Summer Time. On Android it is labelled British Summer Time and its descriptor states its GMT + 1 hour. On the laptop it is set to GMT and has a tick box ticked to say it will be advanced an hour during British Summer Time.

I have checked both and there is no other GMT option available?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could you please change your timezone on the laptop to GMT+1 for testing purposes, will that make any difference?
lal179

Post by lal179 »

Found the problem, the calender has its own time zone option which was set to GMT not BST! But it also has on option to use the devices time zone which I have now set and all is well. As I did not have this issue last year I can only assume this change of default is one of the changes that were brought in when the new version of the calender was introduced a few months ago.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good, glad it works as expected for you now. Please let me know if you have additional questions.