Confused about contacts Sync: Groups and Accounts

General talk about our software.
Gigas10

Confused about contacts Sync: Groups and Accounts

Post by Gigas10 »

I have been using Outlook Android Sync for some time now and I am very happy I got the licence for it.
No issues with the calendar sync.

Regarding the Contacts sync I have a question that might not be an issue of this software but I am confused about it, I cannot figure it out and it affects the usage of this software. I think it has something to do with how I setup my contacts in each device, or set the device options.

I have several Groups for my contact in Outlook (Friends, Customers, Suppliers, etc).
I have several Accounts that manage contact in my Android (Facebook, Waze, Google, Skype, etc).
I use my android phone in my car, that is equipped with a hands-free Bluetooth device.

The problem I have is that even though the sync of my phone with my laptop using the software is successful, and my phone and car sync automatically, the 3 directories (Laptop, Android and Car) are not equal.

Really I don't care about the classification either in Outlook or Android, it can be erased or set up differently if needed.
I would love to have just a unique list with everyone on it, maintaining only one reference to each contact on it, and have that list on my 3 devices.

Please, can anyone help with guidance on how to do it?

Thanks

Gigas10
admin
Site Admin

Re: Confused about contacts Sync: Groups and Accounts

Post by admin »

We place Outlook contacts into Outlook-Android Sync account on your Android phone by default settings. You may change the account by tapping on Menu->Settings. I'm not sure which account your car has access to but I'd recommend you to sync with the one it does. Thanks!
Gigas10

Re: Confused about contacts Sync: Groups and Accounts

Post by Gigas10 »

Thank you