Private entries for tasks and contacts

General talk about our software.
robbiemac

Private entries for tasks and contacts

Post by robbiemac »

I read in the help section that it was possible to exclude private entries when syncronising with another outlook on a different computer. I changed my entries to private and when i carried out the sync it still made them visible to the other person.

Can you please tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please look in Tools->Options, Synchronization options, Exclude private items checkbox.
robbiemac

Post by robbiemac »

Got it, thanks for that.

Excellent response time as well.

Many thanks
robbiemac

Post by robbiemac »

Back again.

I have tried syncronising and using the facility "Exclude private items". I have managed after numerous attempts to get it working with the Tasks but when I try on the Contacts it does not exclude them on the other desktop.

I have also selected "Copy Source To Target" which should mean that it overwrites the other desktop with the data from the source. At which point it should also exclude the private entries.

Please can you tell me where I am going wrong or does the software not work properley for this command.

Many thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

robbiemac wrote:I have tried syncronising and using the facility "Exclude private items". I have managed after numerous attempts to get it working with the Tasks but when I try on the Contacts it does not exclude them on the other desktop.
Sorry, not clear. You mean Private contacts got synchronized from one machine to another? If yes, couldn't reproduce that.
robbiemac wrote:I have also selected "Copy Source To Target" which should mean that it overwrites the other desktop with the data from the source. At which point it should also exclude the private entries.
Yes, but not overwrite - that's a one-way synchronization, as well.
robbiemac

Post by robbiemac »

Sorry, we are both miss understanding each other here.

When I try to syncronise my contacts from my laptop I have selected which contacts I wish to remain private. My understanding of this is so that we can keep personal contacts private without sharing with other users. So when I carry out the sync the privacy function is not happening.

I also tried the one way overwrite function to try and replace the contacts in my other machine again hoping the privacy function would this time work. Again this did not work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So you mean the "private" attribute didn't transfer over to the second Outlook file? Cannot confirm that either.