Command line problems

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
imwalledk

Command line problems

Post by imwalledk »

Okay, I'm probably being an idiot here, but there are a couple of problems I'm having with the command line.

I'm trying to automate the synchronizations using the Windows XP scheduler. I've tried this 2 ways:

1. By using an .ezo file. This is the command line I'm using:

C:\PROGRA~1\EZOUTL~1\EZOutlookSync.exe c:cdosync.ezo /d

The first part is the path to the EZOS.exe; c:cdosync is the ezo file I've saved.

This pulls up EZOS at the scheduled times, but it doesn't start automatically. In other words, the correct PST files are present, the correct folders are checked, but the program doesn't start until I press the synchronize button. Is this how it is supposed to work?

2. I've also tried using the command line with the source and target files specified:

"C:\Program Files\EZOutlookSync Pro\EZOutlookSync.exe" /s:"C:\Documents and Settings\Chuck\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst" t:\\Sam\outlook\outlook.pst /d

When I run this, it looks like EZOS is actually running - the status bar moves across the window that pops up, just like it does when I run the program manually. The problem is, no synchronization actually occurs. I have a feeling it's because there's no way to specify which folders in the PST files should be synchronized, but I'm not sure. Am I doing something wrong here also or is this a bug?

BTW, when I run the program manually, things are working great and overall it's a nice application. The ability to sync automatically would be a great feature, though, so hopefully I'll be able to get this running.
max

Post by max »

Thanks for raising the question, we will sort it out. Can you please tell the version of EZOS you are using (Pro Beta, or not?)
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
imwalledk

Post by imwalledk »

I'm using Pro v. 1.1 Beta 2.

Thanks.