Command Line Interface

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
Automaton

Command Line Interface

Post by Automaton »

Hello,

I am an IT consultant in Bardstown KY and I have purchased a copy of EZOutlookSync (not Pro) for a client to use to sync pst files on three PCs

A is the source
B is a target
C is a target

I have created two profiles, lets call them B and C. Profile B is for target B, profile C for target C.

If I open each profile in the GUI and sync from source to target everything appears to work and the log file looks ok.

But when I run the command file:

"C:\Program Files\EZOutlookSync\EZOutlookSync.exe" conf.ezo /d:s
"C:\Program Files\EZOutlookSync\EZOutlookSync.exe" bruce.ezo /d:s

the logs show that the same profile runs twice and it appears to be whichever profiles was run last successfully. For example I might run the command file and bruce.ezo gets run twice and the next time conf.ezo gets run twice.

If I run the GUI and clear out the profile by clicking "new profile", close the GUI and run the command file I get just the GUI with no profile and no syncing.

It appears that the command line parameters are not being passed to the program because it seems to use whatever was used last.

If use the /s and /t instead of profiles I can't choose which items to sync. For example I only want to sync contacts, nothing else.

I am using UNC paths for the "remote" psts (\\bruce\outlook\outlook.pst) does this make a difference?

I have my client using the GUI interactively and I need to automate the whole thing. This is my guinea pig case and I need all the info I can get on the command line switches and what I can do and can't do.

Thanks for your assistance.

Randy
--
Randell Hazel
Automata System Engineer
hazelrk@automatasolutions.net
admin
Site Admin

Re: Command Line Interface

Post by admin »

Sorry for the delayed reply. We were trying to reproduce and fix the problem. A new version with this omission fixed should be available on our web site within 2 days. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Command Line Interface

Post by admin »

Just a quick follow-up to let you know the new version is available for download.