"File access is denied" error

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
thomasbaker

"File access is denied" error

Post by thomasbaker »

Trying to use EZOS Pro to synch Outlook 2010 - one PC is running Windows 7, one Vista.

When I try to run EZOS on the Windows 7 machine (laptop), and I navigate to the Source file on the Vista machine (desktop), I get this message:

Mapi error: 8007005
File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file ....

I can navigate to files on the Vista machine and open them using Explorer, Word, etc.

Can you help?

I have been using EZOS for many years, but this Windows 7 upgrade is the first real problem.

Tom Baker
admin
Site Admin

Re: "File access is denied" error

Post by admin »

You can navigate to the file using Explorer but can you open it? Was Outlook closed on the source machine? Were you using an account with administrative rights?
thomasbaker

Post by thomasbaker »

No, I cannot open the source file (on the Vista machine) using Outlook on the Win7 machine.

I can, however, open Word documents on the Vista machine using Word on the Win 7 machine.

Outlook is not running in the task manager on the Vista machine (where the source file is).

My account on both machines has administrative rights.

Tom
thomasbaker

Post by thomasbaker »

Just FYI, on the Vista machine, I moved my Outlook file to the Public folder. Now EZOS (running on the Windows 7 machine) is able to open it again, as it always was.

I have no idea why Windows 7 interprets permissions so wrongly. I'm not entirely happy with this solution, but it does seem to work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, it seems Win 7 just limits access to some of the system folders.