EZOutlookSync Portable Stopped working

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
ClevaTreva

EZOutlookSync Portable Stopped working

Post by ClevaTreva »

Hi

I have v1.23. I have not upgraded, simply because I have to pay again and I am far from convinced doing so will solve the problem.

Since 1/1/12, I now get an access violation with one of my 2 computers. Both computers have Windows 7. One is 64 bit and one is 32 bit. The 64 bit one has Outlook 2007 and the 32 bit one has Outlook 2010. The sync worked absolutely fine on both computers on 12/30/2011, but on the Win7 32 bit Outlook 2010 it will not sync from a file on the portable drive. I tried putting the date back on both machines to pre 2012, but no joy. It will make a new backup to the portable drive, but will not sync the drive with the computer.

I wondered if this was an anti-virus issue, so uninstalled the AV software. No joy.

I re-booted and did not use Outlook, and still it won't work. Any suggestions?

If I do upgrade, do I get my money back if that doesn't fix it?

Trevor
admin
Site Admin

Re: EZOutlookSync Portable Stopped working

Post by admin »

You may try 1.3 version prior purchasing upgrade. Download it, unpack into a new folder and see if it works. Thanks!
ClevaTreva

Post by ClevaTreva »

I tried 1.3 and that worked in trial mode, sort of. When I synched from disk it trashed my Outlook pst file. I had to run Outlook's Scan utlity to fix it, but it was then empty apart from a few folders beginning with EZOS ....

Anyway, not to be deterred, I restored the normal backup I had made and all was well again.

I bought the upgrade and a few seconds later got the confirmation of my name and key. And the software says the key is wrong. And now the old version says the same.

So I have gone from a partially working old version to a non-working version (as the key doesn't work) and I am $20 worse off.

And yes, I did email tech support ...... waiting ......

In the meantime I have set up a gmail IMAP account and I will start transferring my stuff to that for now.

Off to bed to let my poor brain sleep. :wink:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You should have received the new key by now. Please let me know if you haven't. Thanks!
ClevaTreva

Post by ClevaTreva »

Hi

New key has arrived. I had to do a lot of repairing on the Outlook 2010 pst file before I got it all working again. Just as well I am OCD about taking backups.

All sorted. I am going to assume it was caused by a combination of me not updating to the latest version and Microsoft doing and update to Outlook. Who knows? Not me.

Thanks for all the help (by email and here).

Trevor
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad everything's ok now! If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
ClevaTreva

Post by ClevaTreva »

And there was me thinking all was well.

So. Computer A Outlook 2007 and Win7 64
Computer B Outlook 2010 and Win7 32

B to New Backup file OK
Check can sync between EZOS backup and B. OK
Go to other house in the week. Sync between EZOS backup and A OK
Do stuff and receive emails during week. Sync between A and EZOS backup OK
Get to weekend house. Try to sync between EZOS backup and B. Get error:

Mapi Error:80040604
A folder by this name already exists.

I have checked to see if emails I received on A are there on B's email and they are not. That means the sync failed.

So. EZOS will make a new backup from computer B to my portable drive. That will sync with computer A. But the sync the other way will not work. Which means computer B is getting way out of sync.

You wouldn't believe how many hours I have now spent on this.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you exclude Mail from the synchronization, will it work? You can do that by going to Tools->Options. Thanks!
ClevaTreva

Post by ClevaTreva »

Hi

By just omitting Mail, same problem.

Trevor
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So the issue is not with the Mail module.. Please download EZOutlookSync Pro (you can install it onto your flash drive) and use it for synchronization. If you still get the error, please forward us the log file. Thanks!
ClevaTreva

Post by ClevaTreva »

Will EZOS Pro work without me buying it - in demo mode I mean? I ask this because when I ran EZOS Portable in demo mode I did not have the problems, only the full version (and thus it is one of the things that the full version backs up that has the problem).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, it should work for 30 days. There's virtually no difference in between full and demo modes except that there's some limitations in the demo (i.e. 30 days working period, number of allowed synchronizations, etc.), which gets unlocked with the key.
ClevaTreva

Post by ClevaTreva »

Well, that was quick to fall over:

11/01/2012 18:10:43 Start synchronizing
11/01/2012 18:10:43 Version 3.02
11/01/2012 18:10:44 Source: E:\EZOutlookSync Pro\Data\backup1.pst
11/01/2012 18:10:44 Target: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Outlook Files\Outlook.pst
11/01/2012 18:10:44 Synchronization Mode: Source <-> Target
11/01/2012 18:10:44 Error: Mapi Error: 80040604.
A folder by this name already exists.

That really doesn't tell me a lot. Am I to assume that a folder in the pst is causing problems? My guess is that EZOS tries to create a hidden temporary mail folder, uses that, and deletes it when done. But it is already there and thus it can't delete it? If this is so, a simple change to the code would check if the file exists, delete it if it does, and then creates it again? I have printed out all the folders to compare the 2 machines and there is nothing obviously amiss.

Trevor
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you! Please see if there's any difference in the number of folders as for the source a for the target files before synchronization. If there's please make a screenshot and post it here. Also, you might want to exclude the folders in question from synchronization and see if it helps. Once we find the folder that's causing this problem, will think how to fix the issue. Meanwhile, please PM me if you need a key for EZOS Pro, will provide you with one for free, for your testing efforts.
ClevaTreva

Post by ClevaTreva »

Hi

I just PM'd you. One folder I can see at the top on the pst that I now believe to have the problem folder is called Conversation Action Settings. According to what I have read on the Internet, I shouldn't be able to see this. I should be able to delete it, but I cannot. There was another one that had the same start name on the other computer (the one that won't sync to) that was a temp folder (from what I can remember of its name before I deleted it). I am wondering if that is the folder that is corrupt?

Trevor