Minor issues

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
gcr99

Minor issues

Post by gcr99 »

I've been using EZOutlook for some months now and it does the job. However there are a few issues that I'd like to share.

1. On the PC program, the setting 'Synchronize Deletions' is not sticky, and always defaults to unchecked on startup. I'm using Windows 7.

2. Having maximized the program window to adjust the settings, the minimize button is ineffective and the window stays open on the desktop. I'd like to minimize it to the taskbar in the normal way.

3. Using the Android app on a few different devices, scanning for the PC is unreliable. Sometimes it finds the PC in a couple of seconds, sometimes it doesn't at all. If it makes any difference, the .pst file is on a NAS rather than an internal HD on the PC. I get around this problem by using the setting 'Use last known good IP', and this always starts instantly.

4. Following on from 3, having done the sync, the app says 'Oops... No PCs detected'. I'm used to this and just ignore it, but it is a little incongruous right after a successful sync.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Minor issues

Post by admin »

1, 2. Confirm, will fix in the next version.
3. Please try to increase the scanning timeout in the app's settings. Using last known good IP is a good workaround solution.
4. Noted, thanks. Will probably change this is in the next version, as well.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, appreciate it!

Please let us know if you have additional suggestions.
gcr99

Post by gcr99 »

Thanks for responding!
re 3, I set the timeout to 15secs, but this makes no difference.
Either it finds the PC in 2 secs, or not at all.
I haven't yet been able to find any correlation with other events or settings.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It theoretically depends on the network load. Could it be the reason in your case?
gcr99

Post by gcr99 »

I don't think so. That's one of the things I have tried, but it can happen when the network is almost silent and the Android device has a strong WiFi signal.

I will check it again with your new version when you release it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it, thanks very much for the info. Will try to improve in the next version.