Synching a Desktop and Laptop

Post your bug reports and support issues here.

Synching a Desktop and Laptop

Post by Guest »

Hi:
I am not sure if this has been asked before and sorry if it has. I intend to install the program on three computers: my desktop, laptop and work computer. I need to synch all three. If I install the program on all three, it seems that you have to transfer files (Target/Source) back and forth on a flash drive, CD, etc. to be able to synch all three. I can connect my laptop to my home computer only, not to work.
How is this all done? I need to be sure before I buy the software.

Thanks!
Scott Sokolich
max

Post by max »

Hello Scott,

between the synching computers, only one has to have EZOutlookSync installed.
And, yes, EZOutlookSync has to have access to both PST files, either over network of if you bring one of them on flashdrive.

So in your case you need to buy one license, install it on home computer or Laptop, and have to bring PST file from work computer...
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
MarkM

Syncing Methods

Post by MarkM »

Can a home network that consists of just a wireless Linksys router connected to the internet via an ISP with two computers accessing it via wireless able to share PST files? And thus use your program

Re: Syncing Methods

Post by Guest »

MarkM wrote:Can a home network that consists of just a wireless Linksys router connected to the internet via an ISP with two computers accessing it via wireless able to share PST files? And thus use your program
Unfortunately not, fort two reasons:
- program won't be able to directly access the remote file. That can be overcome using VPN or similar technology.
- too many losses via ISP- some packets get lost and it is impossible to re-assemble the PST, in most cases. That' can not be overcome using a common ISPS.