Reboot after each sync...

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
max

Re: Reboot after each sync...

Post by max »

Thank you for trying EZOutlookSync!
awmjr wrote:Even though Outlook 2003 is closed when I complete my Source to Target updates, I am still forced to reboot each sytem to get Outlook to open.
This should not be so..What happens if you try to open Outlook without rebooting? Any error message?
Can you also check, whether AFTER you exit EZOutlookSync (and have not yet started Outlook), Outlook.exe is running or not?
awmjr wrote: Also, will you be making syncs faster where perhaps only what has changed since last update will be looked at?
Yes, we are currently working on faster algorithms.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
awmjr1

Outlook reboot...

Post by awmjr1 »

Hi Max,

Error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not avaiable. Contact your administrator if this condition persists" comes up when I try to start Outlok after syncing. Upon reboot, all OK.

When I close EZOutlook Sync, Outlook.exe not running.

More thoughts?
max

Post by max »

Hi,

nope, have not seen that message on any of our tests..strange. We can only guess what might be causing this. Do you have any Outlook plugins installed for Outlook?
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team

Post by Guest »

No Outlook plug-ins. Like program enough that I purchased it today though.

Any other ideas?
genebeed

Same problem

Post by genebeed »

This looks to be a really old post, but I also cannot open Outlook on the destination computer, unless I reboot. When I reboot all is well. Outlook is not already running in Task Manager.

I am running some spam inspector software (Giant on the source machine, Norton on the destination).

Before I register/buy, I'd like to find the cause of this and fix it -- it is kind of nervewracking to think I am somehow corrupting my Outlook application.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What EZOS version do you use? And do you get any specific error messages when trying to open a PST file on the destination computer?