Access Violation at address 00000064

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Admin and others,

I have tested 1.5 Beta using my files that I saved. My files were staged to reproduce the 00000064 Access Violation error. I have not been able to reproduce the error with the 1.5 Beta version. I have also tried multiple creates and deletes on both source and target PST's. I can not find any problems at this time. I hope others who have been having AV errors will test the 1.5 Beta release and report any problems. Lets get the official release out the door.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

EZOS 1.5 Beta 2 is ready! It has some new features related to auto synchronization (like if there's an error during auto sync, the program doesn't show an error message anymore but silently terminates writing the error into the log file) and Auto select new folders option. The second Beta version can be downloaded from:
http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/download/b ... cPro15.exe

Would appreciate to hear any feedback! Thanks.
fogod

Post by fogod »

Thanks for releasing beta 2, I will download today but unfortuatly I will not be able to look into it until I return from a trip in a weeks or so time.

I will then try to sync my files and will let you know of the results.
jamietre

Errors with 1.5

Post by jamietre »

I install version 1.5 Pro today. I have not been participating in this thread but have been following it, because I am also getting the Access Violation errors all the time.

This has had no effect whatsoever for me. I get the errors. I get them so often, in fact, that the software basically no longer works for me. Sometimes, if I try to synchronize only a single subfolder, it will work, but lately it seems not even that works any more.

I have tried everything I've seen suggested on this forum -- running repair against my PSTs, reinstalling, whatever. AV errors keep coming up for me. My PSTs are pretty big, and the problems seems to get worse as the PSTs get bigger, though I recently cleaned out/archived/deleted large attachements and I still can't sync reliably.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We'd appreciate if you forward us EZO and LOG files to ezsupport[at]ezoutlooksync.com.
Please also mention your OS and Outlook versions.
jamietre

Post by jamietre »

Hi. I sent the logs and such but I really am not comfortable sending my PST. I have years of email and it would take me forever to remove anything potentially sensitive - and if I deleted half the messages, who's to say if the problem would still happen?

Do we have any chance of this being fixed sometime soon? I like EZOS, but at this point it hasn't worked for so long I'm wondering if I should keep waiting around for a solution, or explore other options. Right now I'm just not syncing my mail, which means I use only my laptop. But I'd really much rather be able to use my desktop when I'm at home. Which was why I bought this in the first place.

So I guess I'm asking, what's the status...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, we're currently working on the problem. Hope the solution will be available soon. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jamietre, one question for you. Will you see the same error message if you try to synchronize different PST files, for example (you may need to create a new one in this case). Thanks!
fogod

Still generating an error fault

Post by fogod »

Morning,

I've installed EZPro1.5 beta 2 and tried a syncronisation. I still get the sync error, but it is a new error number.

I've uninstalled the program again, but will keep reading this forum to see if you guys ever get this fixed. Good luck.

Right now it is an unusable program, but no worse than your competition.
jamietre

Post by jamietre »

admin wrote:jamietre, one question for you. Will you see the same error message if you try to synchronize different PST files, for example (you may need to create a new one in this case). Thanks!
I will give it a shot. I have an archive database I can try to sync.

The error doesn't occur right away, it happens during the sync process. It doesn't seem to happen at the same time on different attempts, either, e.g. in the past I could sometimes get it to work if I kept trying, or if I didn't try to sync everything at once (e.g. just a couple folders). So if I was to sync an empty PST I am guessing it would work...

Also, before version 1.5, I had noticed that sometimes I could sync successfully if I chose the option that shows you what's about to be done before actually doing it, whereas if I had opted to NOT show that dialog, it would not work.

Since 1.5 I've yet to be able to sync anything no matter what, even just a couple folders. I haven't tried going back to 1.4 to see if the error happens in exactly the same way.
fogod

Post by fogod »

Here is a thought I had early this morning. Maybe us guys who have a problem with this program have a common networking setup that is causing the error.

My two computers are connected to each other through a wireless network and NOT through a wired connection to a hub / router (ie both my computers have a wireless network card and connect to each other via a Linksys Wireless Access point). And the outlook DIRECTORY on my "main" computer is restricted to a specific user & password - the same user & password as my "notebook" computer.

How does everyone else who has this sync'ing problem have their networks and sync'ing computers configured?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

fogod, in order to fugre that out we'd appreciate you make a little experiment :) Please copy the Outlook file from your target machine (the one being on the network) to the source one (local computer). Then run EZOS and synchronize both PST files locally. Will there be the AV error then? Thanks!
fogod

Post by fogod »

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have run the test and sent the results to ezsupport@ezoutlooksync.com including all the Log Files.

The result was that it synchronizes successfully if BOTH files are on the same computer... but I also completely uninstalled EZOS 1.5 from my computer, DELETED the directory "C:\Program Files\EZOutlookSync Pro" and then reinstalled the program before attempting the test, so it may be that complete deletion which has allowed the synchronization to work.

I will test the complete synchronization tomorrow on my home network and let you know the results again.
Last edited by fogod on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamietre

It works locally!!

Post by jamietre »

Well, I never tried that before... and guess what? Ver. 1.5 works fine for me when both files are local.

I can almost live with this, because I already have to run a batch file to copy the PST before & after I synchronize. On my laptop, my outlook data file is stored on a "secure drive" (it's a software encrypted virtual drive) which EZOS never worked with in the first place. So I already had to copy it from there to a regular folder before sync & back after.

Is there a way to run EZOS in a non-interactive mode, so I could just do the whole thing with a simple batch file?
jamietre

Re: It works locally!!

Post by jamietre »

jamietre wrote:Is there a way to run EZOS in a non-interactive mode, so I could just do the whole thing with a simple batch file?
OK, RTFM :-) Yes, there is. This is a perfectly fine solution for me... just copy local, sync, copy back from a batch file.