Outlook failed to add the personal store to this sessoin.

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
vidiot

Outlook failed to add the personal store to this sessoin.

Post by vidiot »

"Outlook failed to add the personal store to this sessoin." I keep getting this message when I try and sync my two machines. Somestimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Also, when this is happining I cant change the target file. I'll browse over to a new file and when I try and select it ... it just goes right back to the same place it was. I'm very upset I paid 40 bucks for this program. I wish I wasnt so madd so I could put together a message to better explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
max

Post by max »

Hello,
no panics here. Either we will solve your problem or will return the money, so you should not worry about spent 40 "bucks". There will not be dissapointed customers with EZOutlookSync.
Have you watched our "Add store error" movie? Please have a look:
http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/demos/write_protection.htm

it should solve most of the problems, but if there are still some problems- please let us know! Please try to think what you do differently, when synchronization works.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
vidiot

ssdd

Post by vidiot »

"The messageing interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." ummm outlooks not open. I've opened it and closed it twice just be sure. As soon as I open ezoutlooksync this is what I get. I cant get it to do anything know except tell me that oulook failed to add the personal store to this session. File is not write protected. I have it stored on a usb jump drive.
max

Post by max »

I would advice you first copy PST to the harddrive from the jumpdrive. Please also ensure you have Outlook 2000/2002/2003 installed on the machine. Please also try selecting File-> New Profile and restarting the application.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
vidiot

still nothing

Post by vidiot »

ok, copied file to hard drive, outlook '02 on one machine and '03 on the othere, tried selecting new profile. Do I need to select new profile, save target, then take to new pc to sync with source under new new profile?
vidiot

even tried to uninstall prog

Post by vidiot »

Nevermind, that didnt work. I have even tried to uninstall the program. (uninstall, reboot, reinstall) As soon as I started it up again the very 1st thing I saw was the personal store blah blah and then the unknown error. I think this program hates my machine. It seems to be fine on my laptop just not my desk top. both running xp, desk top running office xp 2002, laptop running office 2003.
max

Post by max »

Seems like it is a known issue with Outlook. You can try to install update from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813517
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
vidiot

Post by vidiot »

thanks for the continued support. I'll try this when I get a chance tomorrow.
vidiot

Post by vidiot »

I'm (and have been) currently running all updates for both maachines. Still no luck. :?
max

Post by max »

Since you have installed it on laptop and laptop is anyway needed to be running to run the sync- just sync from there, it works fine.
Generally, very strange, we have been testing Outlook 2002 thoroughly and the results were fine, no such errors...
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
vidiot

Post by vidiot »

Thats fine for going from pc to laptop but what about when I do work on pc and then need to transfer back to laptop?
vidiot

Post by vidiot »

sorry revoers th eorder of that
max

Post by max »

To sync, you anyway need to start laptop. Initiate the sync from there, reversing Source/Target files.
This is a temporary solution, I hope. We are looking for the fix, but can't reproduce the error so far.

Do you have any other synchronization software installed, e.g. to synchronize to your phone or handheld?
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
Vidiot

Post by Vidiot »

PC running datapilot. I dont believe it syncs w/ outlook. I havent run it for some time.
Informativos.Net

Same happend to me

Post by Informativos.Net »

It seems there´s a bug in the free version of the program... It have follwed the instructions of the video and seems the data base is busy by other program. I launched the admin programs and none seems to use outlook... I have solved the problem with the last version of the program (and outlook closed in both sides -computers- :wink: )

The bad side... now I have to register to use it... life is hard sometimes for the beta-testers :roll: