Support for Microsoft Exchange

General talk about our software.
RERobbins

Support for Microsoft Exchange

Post by RERobbins »

Is it still the case that Microsoft Exchange is not supported?

If so, are there plans to support Exchange?

Thanks in advance,

-- Rich
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, MS Exchange is still not supported. We plan to work on this feature in one of the next versions. Thanks.
RERobbins

Post by RERobbins »

When do you anticipate the next version being available?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Most likely within a couple of months.
sailtrueblue

Re: Support for Microsoft Exchange

Post by sailtrueblue »

Hi,

You've just released a major revision but it doesn't seem to support MS Exchange either. All it seems to do is synchronize pst files. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Chuck
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No you aren't. Would you like to be able to synchronize OST with PST files?
If yes, how would this feature be utilized by you? You see we were trying to understand if there was a market potential for this feature and couldn't find any strong evidences. You have an opportunity to change our point of view :) Thanks.
sailtrueblue

Post by sailtrueblue »

Hi,

I would've thought I'd be trying to use EZOutlook Synch the most common way. I actually purchased it over a year ago but gave up on using it because it didn't do everything I need.

I use Outlook in the office, which of course is backed by a MS Exchange server installation. I purchased Outlook 2003 at home and need to keep the office Exchange server and my personal laptop synchronized. I'm currently using OutlookSync (not EZOutlook Synch) because it pretty much does that, however it doesn't handle Journal entries and creates frequent errors. Development/support for it appears dead.

My routine is to synch the Exchange server with my flash drive using EZOutlook Synch, synch my flash drive to my personal laptop (again with EZOutlook), and finally synch my laptop with my Treo. If this all seems cumbersome (it is!), the reason I do what I do is that my company keeps their IT systems very secure. I can't log in remotely and can't synch my personal laptop or Treo with their Exchange server but need access to my data. That's why I need to keep my work data, home data, and Treo all in synch. I haven't been able to find a product other than EZOutlook and yours that even comes close to doing all this and I'd expect there are a lot of users who need this. I'd certainly by an upgrade to fill in the extra features I need in OutlookSync.

Thanks,

Chuck
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Chuck, thanks very much for the explanation. We have a point where to start from now. Will seriously consider this.
randyb

Post by randyb »

I simply need to synch contacts and calendar between work and home. My phone will synch with Exchange, but I need some way to get the Exchange calendar and contacts onto my home computer so I can know where I need to be without having to log on to corporate network I guess the calendar would be a one-way synch because you lose the meeting attendees due to name resolution issues, but all I really need is subject, location, and the time block for reference. The contacts should all be able to synch right over. Email is not needed.