Sync Failure

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
rcgj

Sync Failure

Post by rcgj »

I have my Sprint Mogul (smart phone) synchronizing with MS Outlook 2007 with the latest version of MS ActiveSync (4.5); I am running a Windows XP environment with the SP-3 update installed. Once I installed EZOutlookSync Portable, I lost my ability to sync my Mogul; I placed the Mogul into the USB cradle and received no standard tone acceptance by my computer. It seems my computer is not recognizing the Mogul now. I'm not a happy camper!

I sent a message to Support Services addressing my problem. In turn I received a less than satisfying response. Basically I was told their product did not cause the problem. I feel like I was left abandoned and out the cost of the program. At this point I want a refund per their advertise 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Has or is anyone else experiencing the problem I described.
rcgj

Re: Sync Failure

Post by rcgj »

+++ Update +++

I uninstalled EZOutlookSync and magically my Mogul was recognized by my computer and sync'd properly.

So explain to me again how EZOutlookSync did not cause my initial problem???
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I understand you talk about EZOutlookSync Portable? Is it a regular version or a U3 one?
rcgj

Post by rcgj »

admin wrote:I understand you talk about EZOutlookSync Portable? Is it a regular version or a U3 one?
EZOutlookSync Portable. Regular Version.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, then you don't install the program but simply unzip onto your USB flash drive? Then it shouldn't influence your PPC recognition at all. Please try to unzip the program into any other directory on your flash drive and insert the drive into another USB port on your computer (not the one you use for the USB cradle). Please let me know if it helps. Thanks.
rcgj

Post by rcgj »

admin wrote:Okay, then you don't install the program but simply unzip onto your USB flash drive? Then it shouldn't influence your PPC recognition at all. Please try to unzip the program into any other directory on your flash drive and insert the drive into another USB port on your computer (not the one you use for the USB cradle). Please let me know if it helps. Thanks.
Initially I installed the program onto my desktop computer because I could not instructions on how to install the program and how to setup the program. I had to guess on what to do. Now you tell me I needed to install the program onto an USB flash drive. I gave that a try, even without proper installation directions or setup directions.

I used a clean Flash Drive meant to be used specifically to sync my Outlook files. I reinstalled the program onto a new 1 GB flash drive. Once again it did not follow the default setup process; it could not find the Outlook.pst file on my desktop computer. I'm not satisfied with the program; there are too many variables for me to deal with. I'm a novice user with limited computer skills. This program does not work for me.

I tried finding the file by browsing my directories; that took me hours of frustrations to find the file. Once the program was installed I instructed the program to execute the back-up. I think everything went well because once again I had no directions. When I tried to sync with my laptop I had to go through the same vicious cycle of establishing the location of files. Ultimately I received an error message indicating the appropriate file was not located.

This is not staisfactory, frustrating, and causes me to again request a refund!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rcgj wrote:
admin wrote:Okay, then you don't install the program but simply unzip onto your USB flash drive? Then it shouldn't influence your PPC recognition at all. Please try to unzip the program into any other directory on your flash drive and insert the drive into another USB port on your computer (not the one you use for the USB cradle). Please let me know if it helps. Thanks.
Initially I installed the program onto my desktop computer because I could not instructions on how to install the program and how to setup the program. I had to guess on what to do. Now you tell me I needed to install the program onto an USB flash drive. I gave that a try, even without proper installation directions or setup directions.
Please see the download page (http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/?r=download), Downloading and Installing instructions are there and clearly state that "To run EZOutlookSync Portable from a USB memory drive, download either the ZIP file and simply unzip it onto your flash drive and run EZOutlookSync.exe or a self-installing executable for U3 flash drives, which will guide you through the installation process of the program to your removable media."
rcgj wrote:I used a clean Flash Drive meant to be used specifically to sync my Outlook files. I reinstalled the program onto a new 1 GB flash drive. Once again it did not follow the default setup process; it could not find the Outlook.pst file on my desktop computer. I'm not satisfied with the program; there are too many variables for me to deal with. I'm a novice user with limited computer skills. This program does not work for me.
Once again, you do not need to install anything on a regular USB flash drive, rather to simply unzip the downloaded file. Please see the instructions above. If you don't know how to find your PST file, please see the flash tutorial in the Support section (http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/?r=support&pr=tutor) explaining how to do that.
rcgj wrote:I tried finding the file by browsing my directories; that took me hours of frustrations to find the file.
If you want to synchronize with your default Outlook PST file (which should be the case) you don't need to locate the file. The program will do that automatically for you.
rcgj wrote:Once the program was installed I instructed the program to execute the back-up. I think everything went well because once again I had no directions.
Did you have a look at the help file that comes with the program and is accessible via the Help menu?
rcgj wrote:When I tried to sync with my laptop I had to go through the same vicious cycle of establishing the location of files. Ultimately I received an error message indicating the appropriate file was not located.

This is not staisfactory, frustrating, and causes me to again request a refund!
No problem. Just email our support department stating your order id number and they'll take care of the rest. Thanks.