MAPI error 80040301

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
jsnijders

MAPI error 80040301

Post by jsnijders »

I have been trying now for quite a while to get EZOutlookSync to work properly (on outlook 2007) but keep getting back the MAPI error 80040301 message. I have synchronised each outlook folders one by one and have deleted (seemingly?) corrupt folders. I have scanned the pst file with the scanpst.exe application. I have unlocked the PST with the ccollomb unlocker application but still I keep getting the same error message. I start to become convinced that my pst file is not corrupt nor locked by another application. Any other reason why this happens?
admin
Site Admin

Re: MAPI error 80040301

Post by admin »

What's the program version? If you say create a new test Outlook PST file and try to synchronize with it, will it produce the same error message?
jsnijders

Post by jsnijders »

I use version 2.02. I exported the outlook data into a new outlook.pst file which I copied into the outlook folder of both source and target computer. When synchronizing, while program oulook closed of course,.................yes, it worked. Thanks a lot for your tip. Problem solved.
jsnijders

Post by jsnijders »

I obviously cheered too quickly. Yes, it worked after I exported the outlook data into a new outlook.pst file and copied them into the target and source outlook folder. It works, as long as the outlook.pst files are not opened by Outlook. After I retrieved ONE email and tried to synchronize again the same MAPI error appeared however. So, what to try next?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maybe you could delete all sensitive info from the exported outlook pst file and then forward it to us for testing and analysis? Just please make sure the problem is still reproducible. You can use our support e-mail address ezsupport[at]ezoutlooksync.com. Thank you.
And just to make sure - when you receive one e-mail message you close Outlook and only then run synchronization?
jsnijders

Post by jsnijders »

Yes, I know I kneed to close outlook first. In fact I closed outlook, unblocked outlook.pst using ccollomb.free and restarted windows. My pst file is 759MB in size so hard to attach and mail to you I guess. Could this have anything to do with the problem?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Supposedly yes. MAPI error 80040301 means bad value for either one or a group of elements. If you say you start getting the error message after receiving mail, probably these newly created mail messages cause the problem. Therefore may I ask you to exclude mail folders from synchronization? Also, when exactly does the MAPI error appears - during the synchronization process or maybe earlier, before it even starts? Thanks.