String list does not allow duplicates

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
sjordi

String list does not allow duplicates

Post by sjordi »

Well, I have a new problem with 2.04

I installed it yesterday night.
Suppressed my outlook mailbox on the target and recreated it.
Did work.
Then of course I used "Copy Source to Target" since it's the only available button.
This morning, before leaving for work, I wanted to sync it to update the mailbox on the target (I got new messages yesterday after doing my first sync).

So I click the two-way sync buttons and it fails immediately, not even going to the synchronization window where you can see what will be synched, etc.

It shows an error dialog box stating: String list does not allow duplicates.
So I thought, what the heck, I force again a Source to Target. Same problem.

So I synched with my target and forced target to source.
Now I have a copy of the same Outlooks both on target and source.

If I say, on the target, suppress 5 messages out of 10, and want to sync back, I can't. Again a problem with duplicates.

of course I have duplicates, the 5 remaining messages I didn't handle are supposed to still be here.

This did work ok with version 2.02

You can't use EZOutlookSync to sync only one way.

Any idea?
Steve
Prangins, Switzerland
admin
Site Admin

Re: String list does not allow duplicates

Post by admin »

I split the above seen post into a new thread.
Steve, it looks like some sort of a local bug. Which means that we cannot reproduce it. What I did - deleted an existing mail folder from the Target Outlook file, then created a new one with the identical name. Went to EZOS Pro, performed Source->Target synchronization. Then got some new mails into the Source file, then went again to EZOS Pro and performed a two-way sync. Everything got synchronized as expected, without any error messages.
With regard to the second part of your post - I lost your point after the "So I synched with my target and forced target to source" phrase. Could you please specify what you did? What do you mean by saying one cannot use EZOS for one way synchronizations? Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Investigated the problem a bit further. While we're still unable to reproduce it, may I ask you to try to delete the INI file for EZOS Pro (located in the Application Data/EZOutlookSync Pro folder, name - EZOS.ini) and profiles if you have any (same location, name should be like profile_name.ezo). After that, try to synchronize again couple of times and let me know if it works. Thank you!
sjordi

Post by sjordi »

Hi sorry, I didn't see you split this topic...
I was waiting for reply nitifications...

I did what you said, deleted all ini, profiles, etc.
Actually started from scratch.

Recreated the OutlookSync.pst target file.
Set the directories matching.
Copied Source to Target.
Immediately after that clicked the both sides button and immediately got the error message.
No way to have it work.
Steve
Prangins, Switzerland
sjordi

Post by sjordi »

ok I decided to fully uninstall and reinstall

So I used Revo Uninstaller to make sure everything was uninstalled, including registry and disk remains.
After that I started from scratch, installed 2.04 and recreated a profile, a matching list of folders to sync.
Did the initial sync with Source to Target.
And immediately after that, Both Sides. Error again. String list does not allow duplicates
:(
Steve
Prangins, Switzerland
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update. Please try to do the following:
1. Create 2 new PST files and add couple of elements into each of them. Then try to synchronize - will you see the same error message? If yes, please forward us the files (should be very small in size since they contain only couple of events/mail messages) along with INI and EZO files.
2. If you didn't experience any errors with the first step, please try excluding folders of your regular PST files one by one from synchronization. In this case you'll see what folder is causing the problem. Once problematic folder is found, you can delete all other data from the PST files (backup them first) and then forward to us along with INI to ezsupport[at]ezoutlooksync.com.
Thank you!
sjordi

Post by sjordi »

Hi,
Point 1 was ok

I tried Point 2 and I have problems with some folders from Outlook.

So I tried them one by one separatly and they work all ok.
Then I tried to combine some of them together and that's where problems start.
It's hard to say which ones are causing the problem with which other ones as the number of combinations is very high.

Some of them are ok when you synchronize them for the first time and then the second time (both sides) sync fails.

I will try to find a logics behind this, if there is one.
The funny thing is that I tried with version 2.02 and I don't have any problems at all...
I'll let you know if I find what causes the problem.
Last edited by sjordi on Mon May 11, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Prangins, Switzerland
sjordi

Post by sjordi »

Sorry,
but I can't locate the problem. Just spent about 2 hours doing some tests.
It looks totally random.

I have repaired the pst file, I have fully exported it to another pst file, etc... still always the same problems.

Sometimes some folders, when checked, cause the error, but then you uncheck another one and check the ones seeming to cause errors, and it works.

I think I will just uninstall Office 2007 SP2 (it didn't fix anything I wanted in Outlook anyway) and revert back to EZOutlookSync 2.02.
Steve
Prangins, Switzerland
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We were finally able to reproduce the problem today. Please stand by for updates. Working on a fix currently. Thanks.
sjordi

Post by sjordi »

Hey great!
Well, I don't know if I have to say "great" about a bug, but it's great that you were able to reproduce it.
I stand by for now.
Good luck to you.
Steve
Steve
Prangins, Switzerland
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, the Beta version is ready for testing. Please download it from:
http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/download/b ... cPro21.exe
Then run the synchronization as usual (please make sure you turn off the summary window first. It can be done from Tools->Options->Synchronization Options, uncheck the Show summary checkbox there). If the error message still appears, please forward us the latest log file. You can get it from Tools->Last log. Thank you!
sjordi

Post by sjordi »

Dooesn't work.
Still the same error message.
Attachments
2009_05_12_18_07_21.zip
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 1820 times
Steve
Prangins, Switzerland
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Steve, thanks very much for the log files. Now goes the harder part. The error appears during synchronization of the Webster folder. May I ask you to copy this folder into new Outlook PST files and then synchronize them? If you see the error message again, please forward us these newly created files. Thank you!
sjordi

Post by sjordi »

Just sent you the new PST file with the Webster folder.
Sent it by email as it has some confidential info, I won't just put it here as an attachment.

Please note that it's not always \Webster that fails, sometimes it's other folders, and
even the Calendar (not always).

Steve
Steve
Prangins, Switzerland
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Steve, thanks very much. We weren't able to reproduce the problem with the files you sent us but they gave as an idea about where to look at for potential problems. I'll keep posting updates here.