EZOS folders not deleting

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
JLBH

EZOS folders not deleting

Post by JLBH »

Hi,
I have been using EZOutlookSync Pro 2.04 (just upgraded to 2.1 today) with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP SP3. A few days ago whilst synchronising my pst file to my laptop, I got a MAPI error (I foolishly didn't log the error code) which I suspect may have been due to a poor wireless network connection - I would normally use Ethernet when syncing. Since then on both my laptop and my desktop, I have a number of EZOS [date] folders in my Deleted Items folder. I cannot delete these folders on either my desktop or my laptop. When I try to do so, I get an error message as follows:

Cannot delete this folder. Right-click the folder and then click properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator (that would be me then!) to change your permissions. The folder is full.

I checked my pst file size and discovered to my horror that it was over 2gB. I archived it immediately, believing that pst folder size may be the problem. On the now less than 300mB pst file, I am still unable to delete the EZOS folders (all of which apper to have no contents). Worryingly, I created a new sub-folder in my Inbox and I am unable to delete that one too, getting the same error message.

I have now reset my options so that deleted items are not stored in a folder but have not plucked up the courage to try another sync yet with the new version of EZOS Pro.

I hope you have some thoughts on how I can fix this.

Thanks for your help.
John
admin
Site Admin

Re: EZOS folders not deleting

Post by admin »

Hello,
Please try to scan your Outlook PST file for errors using the scanpst.exe utility from Microsoft. Just search for scanpst.exe file on your computer and run it once found. Let me know the results. Thanks.
JLBH

Post by JLBH »

Hi.
I scanned the pst file (I had already tried that earlier).
The scan found errors and I repaired the file fromthe ScanPST dialog.
When the scan and repair had completed I checked my pst file - the EZOS folders are still sitting in the Deleted Items folder and cannot be deleted. The same error message is generated that I mentioned in my last post (folder full). I can delete other items from the Deleted Items folder by highlighting them and presseg Delete. This does not work with the EZOS folders though.

Regards,
John
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please try to delete the folders by starting Outlook in Safe Mode:
1) Close Outlook
2) Start Outlook in "Safe mode" by holding down the CRTL key when clicking the Outlook icon.
3) Delete the folder in safe mode.
4) Quit Outlook
5) Restart Outlook in normal mode.
JLBH

Post by JLBH »

Thanks for the reply.

I did as you suggested and restarted Outlook in safe mode. All attempts to delete the five EZOS folders sitting in the Deleted Items folder failed. I tried using the context menu (right-click | Delete) option for each folder individually and also to delete all the folders by using the context menu delete option on the Deleted Items folder (This is the option I would normally expect to use).

I got exactly the same error message as I described to you earlier when I tried to delete each individual EXOS floder but when I tried the context menu delete option on the Deleted Items folder, I simply got the message "The folder is full."

Kind regards,
John
JLBH

Post by JLBH »

A quick update. I decided to try restarting my machine in Safe Mode and then opened Outlook. I was able to delete the errant folders in the normal way whilst in safe mode. However, when I restarted the machine in normal mode and then started Outlook (both in normal and safe mode (CTRL + icon)), I was not able to delete items in the deleted items folder - again, I was getting the ' folder is full' message. Really weird - and it all started immediately after I got the MAPI error during EZOutlookSync synchronisation with my laptop.

Regards,
John
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Probably the best sway would be to synchronize your existing PST file into a new one. The new file shouldn't have problems like the current one has. In this case you'll be able to replace your existing file with the newly created one.
JLBH

Post by JLBH »

Sorry for the delay in replying.
I'll do that - and many thanks for your help.