program not working after update

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
howdego

Re: program not working after update

Post by howdego »

The default pst was the empty one. However, as you know, the real file could be seen listed in the Data Files tab. So I don't see why the real PST would stop the program from opening on the first try.

Would like to give you a status report as I have started to follow your recommendations to replace the existing PSTs with new ones. I have established a new PST file on my main computer and, one at a time, moved the calendar, contacts and then all other files to the new file. I tested the new pst after each sync with SCANPST and opened and closed Outlook . which is using the original pst. Minor errors were found each time, but I did not repair them. However, each time I went to test the newly populated file, I got an error message that SCANPST could not open the file. However, after one or two tries, it opened and I ran the scan. Also, once when I went to open the Outlook file, I also got this message. However, here again, after a couple of tries, the program opened. Nevertheless, the now fully populated new PST on the main computer works ok, but for one glich. I see that the activity category colors in the new pst calendar are not there and that all activities have picked up the default colors. This was not a problem when I used to sync between the calendars on my two computers. Was there some setting I need to set or prep work I needed to do prior to syncing the calendar in order to have the proper calendar colors sync?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If there're several PST files added into the profile, Outlook loads all of them upon opening.

You mean your appointments have lost their custom category colors during synchronization from the old PST file into the new one?
howdego

Post by howdego »

That is correct
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We were able to partially reproduce the issue. I'll get back with more information asap.
howdego

Post by howdego »

Any solution to the color problem? Have you tried to first set up the color definitions in the new pst?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry for the delay, still working on the issue. The system works when we test it with our PST files but doesn't work when we try to synchronize one of your PST files over to the new one. Once we develop a fix I'll let you know. Should happen not later than by the end of next week. Thanks and sorry again for possible inconveniences.
howdego

Post by howdego »

Checking on your findings. Got a solution yet?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, after couple of tries still working on the issue. Managed to transfer colors of the categories over but they do not seem to get into the master's category list. Will keep you updated.
howdego

Post by howdego »

It's been about 3 months that I have been unable to use your program. Shouldn't I be getting a rebate on the cost at this point? shouldn't I be looking at alternative programs? What so you think??
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can, of course, ask for a refund. Please see this page for more info on that:
http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/?r=order&pr=r_policy

Also note, the issues you're experiencing are due to the corrupted PST files. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee correct synchronization in such cases.
howdego

Post by howdego »

Obviously, I have had the software for more than 30 days, which your policy requires. The problems started after your most recent update. I have no knowledge that your inability to match the activity colors when synching to a blank PST using EOS is due to corruption in my database, and the only thing that might have corrupted the database is EOS. I would think by now that you would have solved the color mismatch problem. As far as refunds go, the history of this problem, as seen by the many email exchanges, would dictate a complete refund of the original cost, as you are unable to make the program work. Unless you have suddenly found the solution! Perhaps you need some help from Microsoft to better identify the source of any corruption.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you think the latest version has caused the problems, please try to revert back to the one you previously had. Here's the link where older versions are listed:
http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/?r=vv
With regards to the activity colors - still working on the issue, sorry for possible inconviniences.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm very sorry for the delay in replying.

We think we finally managed to fix the problem with empty categories for Outlook 2007 (still working on a fix for Outlook 2010, though). Please see the attached file. You need to download it and then unpack into directory where you have EZOutlookSync Pro installed. Then run the program and synchronize your existing PST file into the new one. Please let us know if everything went ok this time. Thanks!
Attachments
EZOutlookSyncPro.zip
(699.02 KiB) Downloaded 1818 times
howdego

Post by howdego »

I don't recall a problem with empty categories, and I don't use the pro version of ezoutlooksync. Should I still run the program you want me to download? If so, what do you mean by syncronize your existing PST file into the new one? Does the new program build a new PST file? Please advise.

I have an important update: I added new blank PST files on both my computers and imported each old pst folder into the new ones one at a time using the Outlook import command (I later read somewhere that you should not do this). However, both Outlook versions worked fine with the new PST files. I fixed the category color sync problem be making sure both of the PSTs that I sync had the same colors and category names in the email folders. I then synced the two newly build PST files and the sync was successful. I did this again a couple of days later, and again all was fine. BUT, this morning when I went to sync again, after closing both Outlook programs as usual, I got the following error message: MAPI error 80040116. The file \\C\users...........\Outlook.personal folder.pst cannot be accessed. Tried opening it again, with same result. Yet, The outlook program opens and works fine. Why has the file become inaccessable again?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry I mean that issue with categories not being colored correctly after the synchronization. This issue should be fixed in the file attached in my previous post. Please do the following - download the latest EZOutlookSync Pro version from the web site: http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/download/E ... ncPro3.exe, install it. Then download the ZIP archive in my previous post, unpack it into the directory where EZOutlookSync Pro is installed and synchronize any of your PST files into a new one. Open the newly created PST in Outlook and check whether the categories are being colored correctly now. In any case, please let us know the result.
And we will be upgrading your license to the EZOutlookSync Pro one so that you can ran the test. Please check your PM for the license key.

Please also check whether your second PST file will now be accessible over network with the Pro version.