Outlook-Android Sync

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
gcr99

Outlook-Android Sync

Post by gcr99 »

I'm trying to get this working, but without much success.

The first problem is that when I scan for a server using my Android phone, it does not find the PC that is running the Windows element. But if I manually tell it the server's address then it syncs right away and tells me it has correctly sync'd.

The second problem is that only the Contacts have actually sync'd. The Events do not show in Samsung S Planner or any other Android calendar app.
If I look at the available calendars to select, there is a new empty one created called 'None'.

Every time I try another sync, another new empty calendar called None is created.

This happens the same with two Samsung Android devices - a Note2 and an S3.

I'd really like to get this working and buy it. Can you help please?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Outlook-Android Sync

Post by admin »

The first problem is most likley related to the multicast packets being filtered out by your router (therefore PC version of the app cannot announce itself within the network). Please check if you router actually allows Multicast packets through. Alternatively, you can check the "Use last known good IP" in options in order to automatically start synchronization next time you start the app, without need to find your PC first.

With regards to the second problem. Please check which of the accounts events are being transferred into. You can do that in Android-Outlook Sync options on your deice. Calendar None is created for Outlook appointments without a category. Also are you using a 2-way or a 1-way sync? Thanks!
gcr99

Post by gcr99 »

Thanks. 'last known good' does work right away, but of course relies on the PC not changing address.
Have tried 1-way and 2-way sync. The events don't seem to be in any account on the Android. The None accounts are always empty. I'll have another play when I get a chance...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

"None" is a calendar that should be under the Outlook-Android Sync account. Please make sure that you enabled all the other calendars under the account to be shown, that might be the reason why appointments aren't being visible.
Please also try to add a test appointment on your Android device and check if it gets synchronized with Outlook. Thanks!
gcr99

Post by gcr99 »

I've now got the opportunity to return to this, and have bought a license for the program.

I cleared out all existing calendars and related accounts from my Samsung Note 2 to start from a clean sheet.

When I ran Outlook - Android Sync, it immediately started 'Synchronising Events', but then hung indefinitely until I hit Cancel.

Looking in the phone's accounts I see that a new "Outlook<->Android Sync" account has been created, but it's not accessible with the native Samsung calendar app or the Agenda app that I use.

Please advise!

EDIT:
I've tried to copy Outlook to an Asus Tablet TF700T. The exact same thing happens as above.

MORE INFO:
I am using Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 PC. The .PST file contains only Contacts and a Calendar - no Tasks or Emails.
I have tried syncing other .PST files in case this one is corrupt in some way, but the Sync program hangs every time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

How many appointments are there as on your Android device as in Outlook? If couple of thousands, please be patient as the very first synchronization could take up some time (up to 10 or 15 minutes). All consecutive synchronizations will be performed at a much faster pace.
gcr99

Post by gcr99 »

Thanks for the prompt weekend reply!
There are about 400 events, including some recurring birthdays in the Contacts.
I have tried again, left it for 20 minutes and the progress bar showed no progress.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hm.. it shouldn't take longer than a minute or two to synchronize about 400 events. May I please ask you to forward us the log file? Please send it to ezsupport[at]ezoutlooksync.com with a link to this topic. Will be able to check what's causing such a delay. The log files can be found here: C:\Users\Victor\AppData\Roaming\Outlook-Android Sync\Logs.
Thanks in advance!
gcr99

Post by gcr99 »

I emailed the log this morning as you requested, but you may forget that as I have now have it working!

When I cleaned out the Calendar on my Android device a couple of days ago to have a fresh try at running the Sync program, it seems the the Calendar Storage app was disabled. This is separate from the Calendar app which was still running correctly, and I wasn't aware there was another related app - I only found this when browsing around the device looking for ideas. Having enabled this app the Sync is now working correctly.

When I started this thread I had some different issues, but at the moment these haven't returned and all is well.
Thank you for your support!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad to hear that! And thanks for the update. Please let me know if you have additional questions.
gcr99

Post by gcr99 »

Everything appears normal now. I'm using one-way sync from Outlook to Android, and all events show up on the phone as they should.
But one issue remains.
Every time I sync, another 'None' calendar is created in the phone. After testing a few times, I now have nine 'None' calendars. What is happening here?

I have just tried a 2-way sync with a new event on the phone, as you suggested in an earlier post, and this synced correctly.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We aren't able to reproduce that on our side, unfortunately. What's your Windows and Android Outlook-Android Sync versions?
gcr99

Post by gcr99 »

I'm using Win 7 64 bit and Sync version 1.3.

I am going to install fresh copies of both the Windows and Android apps and see if that makes any difference.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1.3 is the latest version. What account the events are being transferred into on your Android device? You can check that in the app's settings.
gcr99

Post by gcr99 »

In answer to your question I am been transferring events into the Outlook-Android account, and told the Android calendar apps to use that account.

In the meantime I have:
- Removed and reinstalled the Windows program.
- Removed the Android app. Cleared the phone back to factory default condition. Reinstalled everything including the Sync app.

It now seems to work properly. This is very promising, however I have been here before ;), so I will need to use it for a day or two to be sure.

I have a couple of other questions /suggestions:
1. The option to synchronize deletions is not sticky, so I have to remember to go into Tools and set this every time the program is run. It would be good if this setting could be saved.
2. It would be useful if the source .pst file could be specified using its network IP address. There are ways around this of course but it would be very tidy to give the direct address.

Perhaps either of these is possible but I haven't yet found them!
Thanks again for your help.