Mapi Error: 80070035

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
JDC

Post by JDC »

I've been using Beta 2 for about 12 days. Everything was working great until today. When I went to launch the program, I got the following error dialog box:

Any thoughts?
JDC

Post by JDC »

I think I found the problem! :D

In my profile, the source PST file is local and the target file is on a laptop in the network. The laptop was not turned on, so the program could not find the target file.

Once I turned the laptop on, I did not get the error. Perhaps you could code it so an alert comes up to advise the user that the target file could not be found instead of the cryptic error message.

This is the only bug I have found so far. All in all, your program is GREAT! The file downloaded with ease, installed with ease, and was VERY easy to setup. All menu items seem to be working properly as well.

I will be sure to let you know if I come across any further issues. I use the program at least once each day.
max

Post by max »

Thank you, JDC! We will look into the issue to replace the mysterious messages with something more meaningful.
Beta 3 will have more straightforward menu and some additional features (requested by users of Beta 2, like synchronizing certain categories only).
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team

Post by Guest »

Awesome, I'll be sure to check it out when it comes available. Do you have a mailing list or anything to notify us of the release?

If you need any more info on the error that I had received, please feel free to PM or email me.

JDC
JDC

Post by JDC »

Just wanted to pass along...

Using Beta 3, I still get the cryptic MAPI error message when I recreate the conditions as described earlier in this thread.

JDC
glozz

Problems

Post by glozz »

Good day,

Just installed Beta 3 on my Windows XP SP2 Laptop with Microsoft Outlook XP installed.

Tried EZ and created a new PST target file in the local drive. First sync; no problems.
Tried again. Got a "Mapi Error: 80070035" Dialog box and sync stopped.

Tried EZ again and created a new PST target file in a network drive. First sync; no problems.
Tried again. Got a "Mapi Error: 80070035" Dialog box and sync stopped as well.
Tried disconnecting wireless and used cabling to connect to network drive. Error still happens. Windows explorer can access network drive with no problem.s

Need some help here. Can't do anything more than once. When it creates a new PST file; everything works fine. When it tries to sync, it fails with the MAPI error message. Even when i try to sync it to the new PST file it just created.

Urgently need help. Thanks.

I can't even create a new topic in this forum. Error message is :
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
JDC

Post by JDC »

By any chance do your computers require password authentication when the screen saver comes on or the system goes into standby?

I've seen some systems where issues happen because password authentication is required after x minutes, so the network transmission is essentially cut out.

The MAPI error described occurs when the file is not found, so is it possible that something in your system is stopping network communication after x minutes?

Just a thought.

I've been using beta 2 and then 3 for some time and have not seen the issue you describe.

Hope this may help, keep us informed.

JDC
glozz

Post by glozz »

I only use password for logging in; and disable password for screensavers.

I suspected it could be the network; thus I tried synchronizing a local file. Still failed. It appears that the only time snychronizing works is for a new PST file. After that; it just fails.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
fp

Synchronizes once and than never again

Post by fp »

I have the same problem as glozz. Initial synch works fine, end
than it's broken. However, I get a different error code which is
MAPI 80070057.
glozz

Post by glozz »

My mistake. I mis-read the error message. The error number is indeed MAPI 80070057.
JDC

Post by JDC »

JDC wrote:Just wanted to pass along...

Using Beta 3, I still get the cryptic MAPI error message when I recreate the conditions as described earlier in this thread.

JDC

Max,

RC 1 has fixed the issue. I recreated the conditions and got a nice error message telling me the path to the target pst file was not found.

I also like the colorful icons added in the GUI. It looks real sharp. So far, I haven't found any bugs with RC1 on my system.

FFCus
max

Post by max »

Thank you everyone! Glad we fixed the problem!
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team