Difference in Outlook on notebook after sync

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
BarnOwl

Difference in Outlook on notebook after sync

Post by BarnOwl »

Hello, I just got the trial of this program and it looks very good! But before I purchase I have a few questions:

- After syncing the .pst from my desktop to my notebook the sync process went ok, but I only see messages and calender entries from tw weeks ago. I checked the files, they are exactly the same on both computers (size and dates). I even opened the laptop .pst over the network in my desktop Outlook and then I see the latest entries. So what's up?

- Does the pro version have a faster sync? It took me about 15 minutes to sync all my email folders. Could you give an estimation on how much faster the Pro version is?

Thanks,

Jeroen
max

Re: Difference in Outlook on notebook after sync

Post by max »

Hello Jeroen,
BarnOwl wrote:- After syncing the .pst from my desktop to my notebook the sync process went ok, but I only see messages and calender entries from tw weeks ago. I checked the files, they are exactly the same on both computers (size and dates). I even opened the laptop .pst over the network in my desktop Outlook and then I see the latest entries. So what's up?
Please open EZOutlookSync and open both PST files in the main window (without using Wizard)- then position mouse over the folders which have the difference- EZOS will show how many items there in the folders- it has differnces- that's a problem. If there are no differences- make sure you have setup views in Outlook correctly- because PST has the correct data, maybe Outlook just screws up the view.
BarnOwl wrote: - Does the pro version have a faster sync? It took me about 15 minutes to sync all my email folders. Could you give an estimation on how much faster the Pro version is?
Pro is 2-10 times faster if you sync using 10/100 mbit network. It is really very dependant on a lot of factors (speed of each computers, speed of networks, size of PST files, etc), thus I afraid I can't give any estimation. On average on network sync the speed increase was 5-10 times that of Standart edition.
You can try Pro yourself, it gives 3 full syncs (and 2 folders at a time after that) independant of standart edition.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
BarnOwl

Solved........

Post by BarnOwl »

Ok, it was a path problem.........I had the wrong file copied to the notebook, there was an old pst sitting in the default directory.

I checked the speed of the pro version......didn't notice much difference.

How is it possible ActiveSync is a lot faster with blowing a sync to my PocketPC than this app?
max

Re: Solved........

Post by max »

Glad the issue is resolved.
BarnOwl wrote:How is it possible ActiveSync is a lot faster with blowing a sync to my PocketPC than this app?
First thing, ActiveSync syncs locally (using fast USB connection), while we sync over the Network, the 10/100mbit speed of the Network being the bottleneck. If you plut both PST files and EZOS on one machine, you will see much faster sync.
And another thing, of course that Outlook and ActiveSync have the same vendor- Microsoft, which certainly helps them to keep things as fast as possible and possibly deterring others from doing it.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team