Leave a copy of messages on server

General talk about our software.
J

Leave a copy of messages on server

Post by J »

Hi,

I have "leave a copy of messages on server" enabled on both outlooks. I do this because I want both of them to be able to receive messages even at times I can't access the other machine to sync stuff. However, after each sync, one of the outlook will still download the messages from the POP server (because it has never downloaded them before). Is there a way to tell outlook not to download messages that I have already retrieved in a synchronization? Where does outlook keep track of what messages to download from the server POP and what not to download again?

J
J

Post by J »

Similarly, if both outlooks download the message separately from the server, then a sync will treat each copy as a different email and end up duplicating each email on both outlooks.
max

Re: Leave a copy of messages on server

Post by max »

Hello,
J wrote: I have "leave a copy of messages on server" enabled on both outlooks. I do this because I want both of them to be able to receive messages even at times I can't access the other machine to sync stuff. However, after each sync, one of the outlook will still download the messages from the POP server (because it has never downloaded them before). Is there a way to tell outlook not to download messages that I have already retrieved in a synchronization? Where does outlook keep track of what messages to download from the server POP and what not to download again?
Unfortunately, this data (about received and not received messages) is stored by Outlook somewhere else, but not in PST file, thus we can't synchronize it...
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
max

Post by max »

J wrote:Similarly, if both outlooks download the message separately from the server, then a sync will treat each copy as a different email and end up duplicating each email on both outlooks.
It might be a bug. Which version of EZOS are you using? (Pro?)
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team