two way sync and deleting original appoinment-contact

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
vmhutch

two way sync and deleting original appoinment-contact

Post by vmhutch »

How come only the originating PC that creates an appointment/contact, etc. can delete the entry? If PC #1 creates an appointment/contact – then performs a two way sync – the appointment/contact appears on PC #2’s Outlook. If, subsequently, PC #2 deletes the appointment/contact – then a two way sync is performed – the appointment/contact on PC #1 is not deleted and the appointment/contact reappears on PC#2.
max

Post by max »

That's an intersting question. How should EZOutlookSync know that the PC #2 has deleted an appointment, maybe that's an appointment that was rather added to PC #1? And if it was added to PC #1, then it duplicates an appointment on PC #2 (which is much better then deleting an appointment by mistake).

This problem is overcome in EZOS Pro, if you syncrhonize always using the same profile for the PST pair. Profiles in Pro version contain additional information that helps solve the puzzle.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
vmhutch

Post by vmhutch »

It would seem that the time-date stamp on PC#2 would supersede the time-date stamp on PC#1. This should be relative to calendar/contacts/notes/tasks, etc. The argument that the current configuration protects against PC #2 inadvertently deleting calendar appointments is valid; but what about contacts, etc? Syncing two or more computers ostensibly is about sharing one virtual copy of Outlook. It should not matter which copy initiates the delete sequence. Otherwise, one would have to remember on which PC respective entries are created for a variety personal management tasks.

I am using Pro - and I saved a profile that I am recalling each time I sync. Maybe I do not understand how to set it up correctly. I have selected "all" contacts, specific calendar categories, specific task categories and specific note categories to sync. I saved this profile with a profile name and set each parameter as default. Is there something that I am missing? By the way, let me be clear: this is the best Outlook sync software that I have used. I have been on a two year quest to find syncing software that I can use that does not require that I purchase Microsoft Exchange or its successors. The pieces of software that I used were brain damage to use and I removed them from my computers. Your software will remain - even if there are limiting features.
max

Post by max »

thank you for appraisal.

In order to get Profiles working correctly, you just need to save Profile, as you did, and make a full two-way sync, then press again File-> Save Profiles. Now Profile contains required information and you can delete and add data to any of the files- EZOS Pro should handle all of these gracefully. Please let us know how it works for you!
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team