Problems with backup

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
grfxguy

Problems with backup

Post by grfxguy »

This error occurred with Outlook closed.

On one occassion, after backing up my OL files (OL 2003 with all latest service packs and patches), EZ OL Sync Pro returned to the backup window and froze. I had to close it via Task Manager. When I tried to restart EZ OL Sync Pro and run backup, I recieved "Mapi error:80070057" after clicking on the Backup button. I had to reboot computer for EZ OL Sync Pro to become functional again.

I also get the Mapi error message if I try to run Backup more than once.

System is Pentium 4, 3.2 GHz, w/ 1.5 GB DDR RAM and running XP Pro SP2 with all latest updates. Office 2003 with all latest service packs & updates.

I do have MS Outlook Backup add-in installed - not sure if this might be contributing to the problem?
"DRY heat", my ---!
dimwalle

Same problem

Post by dimwalle »

I also have this problem.

I'm syncing Outlook on my laptop (1.6 Ghz pentium M, XP Home, 512 MB, Office 2003) to my desktop (2.8 Ghz Pentium, XP Pro, 1.5 GB Ram, Office 2003). I'm syncing over my home network.

I've shut down both computers and restarted and it still doesn't work. I receive the following message:

Mapi 80070057

Pressing OK goes back to the original window (the program doesn't completely freeze).

The first sync I did was to a separate 'backup' PST on my desktop by using EZ OLSync Pro on that computer first. I then copied from the desktop to the laptop using EZ OLSync Pro on the laptop. Up to that point, things worked fine. I have never been able to successfully sync the two after that initial transfer.

Hope this helps.
max

Post by max »

Very intersting. We will try to reproduce the problem with a Pro version. Can you please list a sequence of actions (e.g. Run Wizard-> Backup->....restart..-> error)?- That would help us a lot and would be appreciated?

Thank you!

Max
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
imwalledk

Post by imwalledk »

Okay, to the best that I can remember:

I installed EZOS on my desktop first. I then created a new PST file using Outlook on the desktop in the same Outlook folder. After than I used the EZOS wizard and selected the backup option.

I selected the original Outlook PST as the file to be backed up, then I selected the new PST file that I made earlier as the file to back up to. Everything seemed to work fine.

I then went to my laptop and installed EZOS on it. I did the wizard again, but this time selected the synchronize option. I chose the Outlook PST file on the desktop as the source, and the Outlook PST file on the laptop as the target.

At this point the small Cancel screen popped up. After about 10 or 15 seconds, the Mapi error popped up.

I actually had a lot of trouble after this to get EZOL working again. I de-installed it using the option on the Start menu on both computers - and after reinstalling it I got the same error. I figured something was being left behind after the deinstallation, so I deinstalled again and then manually deleted the folder from the hard disk. (A suggestion - you might want to completely delete all files from during deinstallation - or at least give the option to do so.)

I reinstalled it on the laptop only, and I was able sync between the two computers with no problem.

Hope this helps.

I
grfxguy

No source file available in backup

Post by grfxguy »

I just installed Pro 1.2 RC. Now, when I select Backup from the wizard, it gives me no file choices to backup.

I previously was running Beta 2, which I uninstalled before installing the final.

My next step will be to uninstall v 1.2RC, delete all related folders, and edit the registry to remove any references. Then I will reinstall and see if that fixes the problems.
"DRY heat", my ---!

Post by Guest »

I seem to have the same problem as grfxguy on the latest release of the pro edition.
max

Post by max »

Backup lists the files which are added to your Outlook profile. Please Open Outlook, Open this PST file and close Outlook. Now the PST as added to Outlook profile and should show up in the list.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team