Contact picture issue

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
orchidpop

Contact picture issue

Post by orchidpop »

I had an interesting situation. I had a contact that had a first name, a partial address, and a contact picture. I got his last name and an updated picture, and saved these and synced it. The full name carried over, but the updated picture did not. I had to remove the picture, sync, add a picture again, and sync in order to get the revised picture on Android.
orchidpop

Re: Contact picture issue

Post by orchidpop »

I had this happen again, and in this case, it was a fully fleshed-out contact that had an existing picture. When I synced and saw the picture was the old one, I removed the picture from the contact, synced, re-added the picture, and synced again, and then it took. I had tried initially doing a Remove Picture first from Outlook, thinking it was only changing the picture that did not get noticed, but apparently the product does not notice picture changes as something to update unless there is no picture on Android on an existing contact.

Does this help?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Confirm the problem, thanks very much for the detailed report. The issue will be fixed in the next version.
orchidpop

Post by orchidpop »

Sweet! Thanks as always.
WallaceTurner

Post by WallaceTurner »

admin wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 amYes, long time ago.
Thanks for fixing the issue, admin. I too faced the same problem at that time, but could never manage to thank you for rectifying the problem. :)
NyellBarnet

Post by NyellBarnet »

Thanks for fixing the issue, admin. :)
GregMinor

Post by GregMinor »

WallaceTurner wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 am
admin wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 amYes, long time ago.
Thanks for fixing the issue, admin. I too faced the same problem at that time, but could never manage to thank you for rectifying the problem. :)
I would also take upon this opportunity to thank admin and team for rectifying the problem.
Dominicoz

Post by Dominicoz »

I removed the picture from the contact, synced, re-added the picture, and synced again, but nothing happen
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please mention your OAS version number.