Error: Access violation at address 00000064. Read of address

General talk about our software.
tomoc

Error: Access violation at address 00000064. Read of address

Post by tomoc »

I am getting the following error:
Error: Access violation at address 00000064. Read of address 00000064

I first got it yesterday (after 6 months of perfect syncing).

so i rebooted both machines...got a slightly different access error.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the application. Seemed to work.

Did some major cleaning up of contacts etc. today and synced again... access error again.

Not sure where to go from here... I've also emailed but posting here in case someone else has experience or advice...think the next thing I will do is go back to ver. 1.3.2 which seemed to work???

any help or advice appreciated...

tom

Oh yes, running win xp with all the updates and ezo pro
Tom O'Connell
tomoc

access error...

Post by tomoc »

FYI... I have just rolled back to version 1.3.2 and have done a couple of syncs without errors.

This holds me until the bug is fixed in the newer faster version...

thanks

tom
Tom O'Connell
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tom, would appreciate if you could mention your Windows and Outlook versions.
Also, did the error messgae appear while synchronizing the same specific part (module) of your PST file or it was a random one? Thanks.
tomoc

Post by tomoc »

admin wrote:Tom, would appreciate if you could mention your Windows and Outlook versions.
Also, did the error messgae appear while synchronizing the same specific part (module) of your PST file or it was a random one? Thanks.
Sorry to leave that out....

Windows XP pro and Windows XP media center
Outlook 2003 SP2 on both

It seemed to cough during the contact sync portion... incidentally, I lost about half my contacts during this period of odd sync/s... fortunately I have lots of backups <g>.

thanks,

tom
Tom O'Connell
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please try to sync only the Contacts module to a new PST file - will that produce any errors? If yes, please forward us the log file. Thanks.
tomoc

Post by tomoc »

admin wrote:Please try to sync only the Contacts module to a new PST file - will that produce any errors? If yes, please forward us the log file. Thanks.
Well... I sucked it up and reloaded the update (1.4) and synched only the contacts...worked fine and then a later sync of the whole .pst worked fine as well, so I'll just stay with the update.

thanks...

any idea what might have causes this? or anything I can do to prevent it from happening again?

cheers,

tom
Tom O'Connell
tomoc

produced errors again

Post by tomoc »

admin wrote:Please try to sync only the Contacts module to a new PST file - will that produce any errors? If yes, please forward us the log file. Thanks.
Started getting access errors again... rebooted both machines, tried sync...no good. ran sync of contacts only... sending file via your website and reverting to version 1.32

thanks,

tom
Tom O'Connell
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tom, in order for us to have a guess about a problem - we need to reproduce it first. Tried several hungred automatic tests with synchornization of contacts module on the latest EZOS version (1.4) and got 0 access violation errors.

Maybe you could synchronize your contatcs module into a new PST file, then delete all sensitive contacts from there (still leaving some) and then forward it to us? We'll try to reproduce the problem with your specific PST file then. Thanks!
tomoc

Post by tomoc »

Thanks. I will do that... I got bold again tonight and reloaded 1.4 and made another mess... it deleted about 120 contacts and duplicated the same number so that the total was "correct".

I then rebooted and replaced the .pst file with a backup .pst and tried just syncing the contacts...that got an access error, so I installed the back up .pst again on one machine and deleted all the contacts on the target machine... this produced an out of bounds error.

I'm now back on version 1.32 with no problems... yikes

appreciate your support...and I really like the feature in 1.4 that saves everything that is deleted, but I have to stay with 1.32 for now because it just takes too much time to recover.

cheers,

tom

will send .pst file by email
Tom O'Connell
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, Tom, we'll be waiting for the file. Hope the problem gets solved pretty soon and you'll be able to revert back to the newer 1.4 version.
markbraden

Post by markbraden »

I am getting the same type of errors. Sometime it will sync and sometimes I get an "Access Violation or Mapi Error"
I am new to the program. Is this a common problem?

Windows 2000
Windows Media Edition
EZOutlook Pro 1.4
tomoc

Post by tomoc »

Mark-

I used the ver. 1.4 for six months with zero errors, then one day it just started choking.

When I went back to 1.32 all errors disappeared (but I lost a coupld of great features), so I'm using 1.32 until they come up with a fix. I sent them my .pst files to experiment with and expect to hear soon.

I would urge you to do .pst backups (I just copy and paste to same directory) pretty often, just in case...until the fix is IN <g>.

cheers,

tom
Tom O'Connell
westwood

Where can I get the older version 1.32?

Post by westwood »

I too am now getting various access violation errors using:

- XP Pro on one machine, XP Home on another, both are current with all Microsoft automatic updates

- Both have Outlook 2003

- EZOutlookSync Pro v. 1.4

Where can I get the older 1.32 version?

Thanks,
Mike Pryslak
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I uploaded it here:
http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/download/t ... cPro13.exe

Please let us know whether it'll work ok? Thanks!
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hello everyone,

One of my clients is running Pro 1.4 and also having problems with access violations. Both machines are XP SP2 with all updates and Office 2000 SP3 with all updates. I run his sync's nightly via a scheduled task. We have been having problems with the sync not terminating. The reason the sync is not terminating is because it is generating screen output for an access violation at address 00000064. Since the user was not logged on at the time of the error message and the error message was generated to the screen for user confimation, the scheduled task will not terminate. This is a huge problem with automatic sync's that I mentioned in a post in the Bug Reports/Technical Issues entitled "Auto Sync not terminating" dated April 07, 2006. The post has never been replied to so I will be sending the info via email to the support team.

Today the scheduled job was once again hung up. I killed the job and decided to run a manual sync. The sync failed almost immediately with the 00000064 access violation. The log revealed that it failed while processing the Sent Items folder. I decided to run another manual sync to try and reproduce the error. This was a big mistake. The sync ran for almost 1 hour before terminating with another access violation. This time it was at address 02DC184D and occurred while processing the inbox folder.

The sync normally completes in 5 minutes or less so I was very nervous about what had been done to my clients PST's. The log showed major copying of messages in both directions. This explains why the sync ran for so long. This did not make any sense however because the PST's were manually synced by me just one day ago. There should of been very few messages transfered in either direction. Further research showed massive duplicate messages in the PST's on both the source and target machines. What a nightmare!!!!! I downloaded and installed EZDuplicate Remover and went to work. I found that each machine had 430+ duplicate messages. I deleted the duplicates from both machines and then had to compress the PST's as they had been greatly oversized from this problem.

I suspect that the profile was corrupted on the first sync when the access violation 00000064 occurred. Then when I ran the second sync it was using a corrupt profile so it did not no which messages were stored on either system. This is just a guess but it is the only thing I can think of. Unfortunately the profile is encrypted so I can not verify this for myself.

This makes four users in this post having the same problem with 1.4 Pro. I do not want to revert my client back to 1.32. I will turn synchronization off for my client for now. I would like the problem to be fixed ASAP. I will be sending this message to ezsupport via email as well. I will be attaching log files and my corrupt profile as well. Thanks for your support...