Access Violation at address 00000064

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
gsouders

Access Violation at address 00000064

Post by gsouders »

Hi Admin,

My client is having problems with 1.4 Pro. He is also getting the Access Violation at address 00000064 message. I first added a reply to Tomac's post on August 25th. His post is located in the EzoutlookSync Pro General discussion forum. I also sent an email to support reguarding this issue on August 25th. I have yet to receive a reply in either the forum or by email. This is a serious issue and needs to be corrected. Is there any progress on this issue? Can I be of any assistance in helping to solve this problem?

I took your advise and sent my other unanswered post to email support. I sent 2 emails on August 28th. They were entitled "Auto Sync not terminating" and "Auto Sync will not detect new folders". These are problems that I have been waiting for a reply since April 7th. This is when I created a post for each problem in the EzOutlookSync Pro Bug Reports/Technical issues forum. Why can I not get these problems addressed? It has been 5 months now without any reply from support. Can you please check with the developers and see what is going on with these issues my client is having? Thanks for your support...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello gsouders,
We'd appreciate if you could get a pattern for reproducing this error on any other computer. Synchronizing what and how? The main problem with this error message is that we cannot reproduce it on our machines and therefore it's very hard to fix.

While we're trying to add some additional instructions into the program's code in order to prevent this AV error from happening, it doesn't seem to be as effective as if we had the problem reproduced. Also, would appreciate if you post here the log file from synchronization with AV errors. In this case we could try to make a custom version for you so that it's capable of tracing the problem. Thanks!
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Admin,

Thanks for the reply. I will try to repoduce the error on my computers using the trial version. Unfortunately my client that is receiving this error has very large PST's. I have very small PST's for testing purposes so if I can reproduce I can send you the PST's, logs and the profile. As for the logs from my client, I have allready sent you this stuff via email on August 25th. I attached two logfiles, the first one contains the access violation 00000064 and the second one contains Access violation at address 02DC184D Read of address 6C696169. I also sent you a copy of the profile that was used when running the sync. In both cases I suspect that the profile had been corrupted causing the access violations. This is just a guess on my part. Please let me no if you did not receive the email entitled "Access violation at address 00000064".

What about my other unanswered posts? I sure would like to get some answers on the other two problems my client is having. Thanks again for your support...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Seems we didn't get those 2 emails you had sent us in August. Please resend them.
Regarding your other unanswered queries - please email them to our customer support service - ezsupport[at]ezoutlooksync.com. Thanks.
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Admin,

Sorry for the slow reply. I have been away on vacation. I have just sent the email again. It is entitled "Access Violation at address 00000064". This time I zipped up the logfiles and the corrupt profile. Perhaps the first one on August 25th did not make it because the attachments were not zipped up. As for my other unanswered problems, they were sent to ezsupport@ezoutlooksync.com on August 28th. The emails contained no attachments and I did not receive any returns from the postmaster. I assume that the emails made it but have yet to be answered. I just sent them again. The emails are entitled "Auto Sync not terminating" and "Auto Sync will not detect new folders". Please let me no if all three emails that I just sent are received. Thanks for your support...
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Admin,

I have managed to reproduce the access vioation error on my machines. I just sent an email to support along with a zip attachment containing pst's, .ezo, .ini, and log files. I think I have provided everything that is needed to repoduce this problem on your end. The email is entitled "Access violation at address 00000064 reproduced!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ". Please follow up on this one so we can get this nasty problem solved once and for all. I look forward to your response and thanks for your support...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you! As fas as I'm aware - customer service is already working on the problems.
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Admin,

Thanks for the update. I hope this one gets fixed soon because the implications are huge. I say this because once this error occurs, PST's get all screwed up with duplicates and items get deleted that should not be. I will keep checking for the patched version to be released.

As for my other issues, I just do not understand why support will not respond to these issues. The issues were ignored in the forum and I have now sent them twice to email support. I have been waiting since April for any kind of reply and have received nothing. Could you please check with support on these other issues for me? Thanks for your support...
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Admin,

It has been 5 weeks since my client has been able to run a synchronization on his machines. I think we have been extremely patient.
I spent alot of time reproducing this error and I sent support via email my PST's, .EZO, .INI and logs for your use to solve this problem. I never heard any reply from support. This problem was first reported on July 27th by Tomac in the EzOutlookSync Pro General Discussion Forum. That was over 3 months ago. I also noticed another user "mws" recently reporting the problem on October 25th in this forum. This problem once it occurs really screws up peoples PST's and one would think you would be anxious to fix this problem. However this does not seem to be the case. I would like to no when this problem will be corrected so I can inform my getting very impatient client. Thanks for your support.
fogod

Same problem occuring

Post by fogod »

Hey gsouders, just in case you are wondering that you may be the only person this is happening to I wanted you to know that you were not - I've been having a similar problem that I cannot get resolved either. Same error, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting, et al, and the problem still occurs.

I am just about ready to uninstall this program and take the loss as another failed attempt to get microsoft OS computers to synchronise. It would seem that this is as good a program as PST Sync which generates similar messages and has just as good responses from their support services.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm very sorry for the delayed replay - we've been working on the problem...

Let me ask you couple of additonal questions:

As far as we know you do not always get these AV error messages. But do you get them each time you synchronize a particular pair of PST files? Do you get them if you synchronize any PST file from the pair with any other Outlook file?

Thanks!
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Admin,

Thanks for your reply. I will try and answer your questions as best I can.

Your statement that I do not always get the 00000064 AV error is correct. However once the problem occurs then additional AV errors are a given. In addition the profile will certainly be corrupted. This means emails will get deleted that should not be and emails will get copied that should not be if you keep on synching. The result is screwed up PST's with missing email's and duplicates.

The answer to your question "Do you get the errors each time you synchronize a particular pair of PST files" is no. The error does not always occur with a given pair of PST files. When I reproduced the error on my machines, I started from scratch with a fresh install and new profile. After several sync's the program was doing nothing because the PST's were identical. Then I deleted two messages from the source PST. The very next run I received the 00000064 error message. I kept running sync's and on the next one received the same AV message. The next sync I received a different AV 000000009. I kept on syncing and eventually got a clean sync. However as I stated before the PST's were all screwed up. They had duplicates and messages deleted that should not of been.

The answer to your question "Do you get them if you synchronize any PST file from the pair with any other Outlook file" is unknown. I have not tested this scenario. My client who is having the problem only has two machines and I reproduced the error on two of my machines. This statement seems to indicate that you suspect a corrupt PST in the mix. This is not the case. There is nothing wrong with my clients PST's or the test PST's on my machines. I also suspect that there is nothing wrong with the other users PST's that are having this problem.

I am wondering if you have read my email Access violation at address 00000064 reproduced!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that I sent to support on September 26th?
The email will give you a step by step of how I reproduced the error on my machines. It also has an attachment containing PST's, EZO, INI, and logs from all the sync's. The PST's and EZO were left in a state that the very next sync would produce the 00000064 error. I would ask that you read my email message and use my files to reproduce the error. Please let me no if I can further assist in getting the problem resolved. Perhaps as you mentioned before you could send me a customized version that will help you to track the problem. As always thanks for your support...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you. I was able to locate your email. It contained all (logs, ezo) but a PST file, which is likely to produce the erorr on the next sync. Could you please resend only the PST file? Thank you very much for your time!
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Admin,

I am not sure you have found the correct email. The email entitled
"Access violation at address 00000064 reproduced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" contains an zip file attachment called "EzOutlookSync Files.zip". In this zip file are all logs, EZO, INI, and both source and target PST's. The PST's are named
"source-outlook.pst" and "target-outlook.pst". They should be rename back to outlook.pst when they are placed on the source and target machines. I have just resent the email containing the attachment. Please let me no if you get the message. Thanks for the support...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Those of you who have similar problems with AV or any other errors, please feel free to download the new 1.5 Beta1 version of EZOutlookSync from here: http://www.ezoutlooksync.com/download/b ... cPro15.exe
We will appreciate any feedback on this matter. Thank you!