Confused about Options

General talk about our software.
Froggy

Confused about Options

Post by Froggy »

I would like to take the emails from the Source and ADD them to the Target. I do not want *any* emails in the Target to be deleted. I'm confused as to what the setting should be in the Options menu. Could someone please direct me as to how to do this. Thank you in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Confused about Options

Post by admin »

You don't need to alter anything in the settings. From within the main program's window select email folders from the source file you want to transfer to the target one and click on the Copy source to target button.
Scow10

Post by Scow10 »

Thank you for your reply but this is why I'm confused. It says right in the EZOS FAQ....."EZOutlookSync will copy newer version to the other file, replacing older version - The older version goes to the "Deleted Items" folder of the PST file." I don't want older version to be *replaced* and sent to "Deleted Items" folder....I would like new version to be ADDED to old version. Nothing moved to deleted items folder. Is this possible within setting located in the Options menu?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You want to say you'd like to create duplicates? If an old version of an item doesn't get replaced by a newer one - you get 2 items in the file (most of the time with just modest changes). Is it what you're looking for? Thanks.
FZucchi

Post by FZucchi »

Hi - I have the same question as Scow10 and also am not clear about the answer. Let me put it differently: I would like to MERGE my email and contact folders so that both my machines have folders that mirror each other. What is the process for that? Also, does the synching work over the internet or do I have to be within a LAN? Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You should to use "Source <-> Target" synchronization method for your needs.
You need to be within LAN in order for the synchronization to work without any problems. Internet connection is still considered to be pretty slow and erroneous for this sort of tasks. Thanks.