Trial Version EZOutlookSynch Portable

General talk about our software.
DrDave

Trial Version EZOutlookSynch Portable

Post by DrDave »

I'm trialing the portable version running from a USB drive.

So far, it doesn't seem to work. Only one error/message but things are not transfered.

I get the message "Trial version allows you to work only with the default set of Outlook folders".

What is this default set?

Are there other limitations of the trial version?

Dave
admin
Site Admin

Re: Trial Version EZOutlookSynch Portable

Post by admin »

The default set of folders includes all the folders you see when you create a new PST file, for instance. The program is also limited to a 30 days trial period.

BTW what error message are you getting?
DrDave

Post by DrDave »

The only "error" message was the warning "Trial version allows you to work only with the default set of Outlook folders".

My interest is primarily to synch calender and contacts (not email) between my work laptop and home computer.

I must have done something wrong as the calender didn't seem to update from the laptop to the home computer.

With no real errors, I wasn't sure how to troubleshoot so I asked the 1st question in case the trial version was restricted to email only or something.

I'm using Outlook 2007 and when I try creating a new .pst file, it contains only empty Deleted Items and Search Folders. Does this mean I have to purchase your product just to test that it works?

I do need a functioning synch utility and will purchase one. I've been using OutlookSynch but it has ceased to work and there is no support fro that product.

Dave
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. I see, that's not an error message.
2. The default set of folders include default folders for each of the modules. For example - Calendar, Contacts, Tasks. If you create additional folders for Contacts, they'll not be synchronized unless you have a registered version of the program.
3. EZOutlookSync Portable is intended to be mainly used on USB Flash drives. If you're going to run it from your laptop, you should consider using either EZOutlookSync or EZOutlookSync Pro.
DrDave

Post by DrDave »

I am running EZOutlookSync Portable from a flash drive.

My laptop .pst file is up to date with calender entries. My desktop file is not up to to date.

What I did.
1. from laptop USP port, backed up laptop .pst file to Backup1 on stick
2. synchronized Backup1 to laptop
3. Move USB flash drive to desktop, ran EZOutlookSynch Portable
4. Synchronized Backup1 to desktop .pst file.
5. ran Outlook on desktop. The newer calender entries did not transfer. Neither did Contacts additions and deletions.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Seems you're doing everything right. What about all other modules, Mail or Tasks, for example? And what about older items in Contacts or Calendar - did they get synchronized? If not, please click on Tools->Options and make sure that all modules are checked. Let me know if it still doesn't work, will try to come up with some other solutions. Thanks.
DrDave

Post by DrDave »

I don't use Outlook for mail or tasks. In Tools -> Options, everything was selected except mail which I had cleared since I don't use Outlook for mail.

Hard to say if older items synched since it was not that long ago,the desktop had a copy of the laptop file when the previous synch program stopped working.

EZOutlookSynch2 installed and run from both computers seems to work better. Calender items transferred in both directions. However deletions of duplicate Contacts items did not.

Merry Christmas.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please check whether you have the "Allow deleting items" option turned on in Tools->Synchronization Options in EZOS or EZOS Pro.

Marry Christmas!
DrDave

Post by DrDave »

EZOuitlookSynch has a Tools/Options Allow deleting items option and it was set. But deletions of duplicates did not replicate.

EZOutlookSynch Portable Tools/Options does not offer an Allow deleting items option. Only Module Selection and Data Files section.

Tried both with some new items and deleted duplicates on the desktop version. Again, EZOutlookSynch replicated the new items but not deleted duplicates. Nothing transferred with EZOutlookSynch Portable. I did, however, end up with a duplicate All Day Event. I think fromEZOutlookSynch but I can't be sure.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What if you say create couple of test items, then synchronize and then see whether they got duplicated or not? Because we'd need to reproduce the problem in order to fix it. And for that we need either a test PST file where the error is reproducible or a detailed list of steps. Let's see if a list of steps could be of any help, first. Thanks.