pre-sale question: syncing outlook rules?

General talk about our software.
max

Post by max »

Hi Jon,
Jon wrote:I do have a couple more questions. Does a profile have to be deleted to change any advanced deltion parameters that may have been selected, or is it necessary to un-select the deletion parameters of the profile in order to have it default to it's normal default profile behaviour?
Hm, Jon, I am not sure I understand the question. Profile is basically a configuration file, once you open the profile, then change any settings, then press File-> Save Profiles- and all changes are saved.
Jon wrote:Is the trial version complete in all aspects, functionality, help files, and so, excluding of course the limitation of "two folders" after the initial complete syncs?
Yes, trial is absolutely the same except that it performs only 3 full synchronizations and after that 2 folders can be synchronized, within 30 days since installation.
Jon wrote: I have a long list of mail folders but when the EZOS folder window opens the scroll bar has moved about 2/3 down on the scroll bar. A minor annoyance, but shouldn't the profiles load position the folders at the beginning of the folder list rather than near the end?
Thanks! Sounds like a bug, will try to reproduce and fix.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thanks for the answers on the trial version. I had asked because in other threads on this BB, I thought I saw help video's that I couldn't locate in the help file.

Regarding Profiles - I don't think I quite understand the relationship between the Profile listing (in the drop down box) and the configuration that they represent. If I understand you, when I do a default full sync it is saved as part of the configuration element of that Profile. If I sometime later do a full sync, but employ certain non-default behaviour, does that then automatically replace the default settings of that particular Profile?

In addition, if I have created a Profile that I no longer wish to use and want to eliminate it from the drop-down list, how do I get rid of it?

Thanks, also for looking into the scroll bug. BTW, I think it is great that the folders open expanded.
Jon
max

Post by max »

Jon wrote:Regarding Profiles - I don't think I quite understand the relationship between the Profile listing (in the drop down box) and the configuration that they represent. If I understand you, when I do a default full sync it is saved as part of the configuration element of that Profile. If I sometime later do a full sync, but employ certain non-default behaviour, does that then automatically replace the default settings of that particular Profile?
Ahha, I now see our mistake. Sometimes PST files in Outlook are called profiles. This is the sort of profile in the drop down listing (it is essentially a PST file). Drop Down listings shows all Outlook profiles (or PST files if you wish) you have ever synchronized, just for easier selection. Not more.

And File-> Save Profile is absolutely another sort of Profile, it is an internal EZOS Configuration File. It can be easily replaced by "Save Configuration File". Configuration File (or Files-> Open/Save Profile) holds data about:
- 2 PST files/Outlook Profile (pair)
- all elements contained in this pair
- all settings made in Tools-> Options for this pair

Hope that explaines the difference between the Profiles (guess we need to rename EZOS Profiles into Conf File). Please ask if something is unclear.
Jon wrote: In addition, if I have created a Profile that I no longer wish to use and want to eliminate it from the drop-down list, how do I get rid of it?
Since this is just a listing of PST files you ever synchronized, we did not implement any function to clear this list, thinking this is not a needed feature. But there was a similar request, so we will have to do it in one of the next versions.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
Jon

Post by Jon »

Ah, yes, that is much clearer, thank you. So, the path to the pst file shown in the drop-down list does not have any configuration elements assigned to it. Yes, I agree, it would probably help clear up any future confusion to use "Configuration Files" rather than "Profiles."

Thanks for the explanation.
Jon