v 1.2 RC2

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
ddavis53

Post by ddavis53 »

Is this being worked at the present time - based on the fact that all it does is to make the two files the same - without any deletes from the target and source, the program is not useful to being able to keep two psts the same.

If there is any additonal informaton such as log files, etc, then let me know - sitting here with two psts that can't be synched and wondering if the fee that was paid - was for support as well.
max

Re: v 1.2 RC2

Post by max »

ddavis53 wrote:I have run the sync between the laptop and the desktop, and synched. Then I checked for duplicates and found 1 in contact, 44 in email and 4 in the journal. I deleted these duplicates.
Have you ever copied your PST files around in the system?
Let's take emails. With default options, in order for EZOutlookSync to understand the two emails as similar (in 2 different PST files) 3 conditions have to be present:
items have the same creation date, same subject and same sender email. Can you please check that all 3 parameters are the same in "duplicate" pairs? I suggest "creation date" might be different (thus EZOS takes them as 2 different mails).
To overcome the problem you have to tweak Compare Options-> Mail settings in Pro version.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
ddavis53

Post by ddavis53 »

While waiting on the response, I did the following:

(1) On the desktop, renamed the current PST, then created a new PST - with nothing inside it.

(2) THen from the laptop, invoked Pro in order to synch with the Desktop PST (newly created one) - the synch was successful and the total number of items in each folder matched perfectly. - thus a baseline for each.

(3) Worked with various movements to folders, deleting messages, deleting tasks, deleting calendar entries on the laptop.

(4) Then ran Pro again as "copy source to target" and nothing was shown as being deleted in the target - the desktop pst.

at that point, been just waiting on yoru response -

What parameters to tweak in the options?
max

Post by max »

ddavis53 wrote:

What parameters to tweak in the options?
In Tools->Options-> Compare Options-> Mail settings try removing check from "Creation date" and putting it on "Body".
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
ddavis53

moving messages

Post by ddavis53 »

when a message is moved from one folder (such as the inbox) to another folder after a full sync is done, does EZo know this or does is just compare folder to folder?

My testing has resulted that it just compares folder to folder.
max

Re: moving messages

Post by max »

ddavis53 wrote:when a message is moved from one folder (such as the inbox) to another folder after a full sync is done, does EZo know this or does is just compare folder to folder?

My testing has resulted that it just compares folder to folder.
There is no way to know it without comparing folder by folder, so, yes, EZOS compares each item in each folder.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
ddavis53

No the case in this Release

Post by ddavis53 »

That is not the case in this release, I have moved a total of three messages in a three separate tests and EZO has failed to find them in the target's inbox.

The only thing that it does is to realize that they are not in the source's inbox, so it copies them back into the source's inbox.
ddavis53

Calendaring and Tasks -

Post by ddavis53 »

Does EZO do a new create date when the item for one pst is copied to the other pst? IF this is the case, then this creates a problem with create dates.