just downloaded - evaluating...

General talk about our software.
gamat

just downloaded - evaluating...

Post by gamat »

I use outlook on my desktop (DT) and laptop (LT). I just downloaded and installed the program (basic). First time I ran program I choose "copy target to source" to copy all of my data from my DT over to my LT. This seemed to work fine. I then created a couple of new items on both machines (contacts and emails) and tried to sync (made sure I chose "sync both sides" ). The program copied newly created items from DT to LT, but did not copy items from LT to DT - in fact it deleted newly created items on LT (I found them in deleted items folder)

1. Am I doing something wrong? How do I fix?

2. I want to install program on both machines so I can sync from either machine. Can I do this? Does this require 2 lics?

3. I get an error message when exiting the program "Unable to update public free/busy date. Operation failed" What is this?
max

Re: just downloaded - evaluating...

Post by max »

Hello,
thank you for posting this and evaluating EZOutlookSync!
gamat wrote: 1. Am I doing something wrong? How do I fix?
In two-way sync, the program can't delete any items (if you are really using Standart edition, not Pro). Please make sure that was not a one-way sync.
gamat wrote: 2. I want to install program on both machines so I can sync from either machine. Can I do this? Does this require 2 lics?
As long as the two machine are yours, you can use 1 license to install on 2 machines.
gamat wrote: 3. I get an error message when exiting the program "Unable to update public free/busy date. Operation failed" What is this?
That's Outlook bug, it does not involve any data errors, that's just a message.
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team
gamat

Post by gamat »

I am really using Standard edition (EZOutlookSync Version 1.2) and I am doing (I believe) a two-way sync. That is, I check a box on the source side, the program automatically checks the corresponding box on the target side, then I click top button in middle which says "synchronize both sides." I have tried this now five times with the same result. Items from DT are copied to LT, but items on LT are not copied to DT. Rather, they are moved to the deleted items folder.

Suggestions???

having trouble sync'ing - waiting on reply

Post by Guest »

I am still waiting on a reply... I would like to purchase the program - but not until I see that it works properly. On what type of schedule are posts normally answered? Should I be posting this in the technical questions area?
max

Post by max »

gamat wrote:I am really using Standard edition (EZOutlookSync Version 1.2) and I am doing (I believe) a two-way sync. That is, I check a box on the source side, the program automatically checks the corresponding box on the target side, then I click top button in middle which says "synchronize both sides." I have tried this now five times with the same result. Items from DT are copied to LT, but items on LT are not copied to DT. Rather, they are moved to the deleted items folder.

Suggestions???
If you can send us the PST files to reproduce the problem- we might be able to help. You may try to copy (in Outlook) the items in question into a new PST file and try to reproduce it. If it is reproducable with this, smaller PST file- we would be glad to get hold of it...
Maxim
EZOutlookSync/EPIM team