Some contacts dissapeared when uninstalling Outlook-Android Sync

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
bruno_a_g

Some contacts dissapeared when uninstalling Outlook-Android Sync

Post by bruno_a_g »

Hello Support Team

//removed advertisement//
The problem is, just when I uninstalled Outlook-Android Sync from both my devices, some of my contacts phone numbers dissapeared!

Is there any backup folder at my computer or the cloud so I can get back those numbers?

Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Some contacts dissapeared when uninstalling Outlook-Android Sync

Post by admin »

The contacts could have disappeared if they were in Outlook-Android Sync account, as the account gets deleted by Android when you uninstall an app.
SLundstr

Post by SLundstr »

URGENT!
Some time ago I registered for 30 day trial. Actually enjoyed it but since I have not decided which smart phone to use I never finalized. Trial version has expired.
I had 2'500 records and approximately 7'000-8'000 phone numbers in my original contact list.
When I installed your app all 2'500 contacts were moved from my phone to your software Outlook-Android Sync.
Yesterday I wanted to change a phone number for one of my contacts. It is not possible to change anything in Outlook-Android Sync contact directory.
My original phone contact list (pre Outlook-Android Sync) is empty.
I am travelling since early March and do not have my laptop's old Outlook 2007 available. I do not use clouds, that is why I turned to your app in the first place.

Q: How do i return my contacts from your Outlook-Android Sync to my phone before uninstalling?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can synchronize contacts that are in Outlook-Android Sync with a new Outlook file, in this case all your contacts will be in Outlook. After that please go to Outlook-Android Sync settings and switch the account to sync contacts into to either a phone's or a google's one. After that synchronize again. Make sure the contacts are now stored under the account you need and then you can safely uninstall the app.