Synchronizing after a business trip...

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
Martin

Synchronizing after a business trip...

Post by Martin »

I have downloaded a trial version of ezoutlooksyncpro and did my first 2-way sync after using my laptop on a three-week business trip. I wanted to update/sync my desktop Outlook with the new laptop data.

The 2-way sync seemed to work fine, but when I did a send/receive on my desktop Outlook after the sync, Outlook fetched all of the emails I received in the intervening three-week period, more than 1500 emails (mostly spam). Except for a few emails that arrived today, the rest of the emails were all duplicates that had already been brought over from my laptop.

Apparently, my desktop Outlook retained its three-week-old send/receive date rather than getting a new send/receive date from the laptop Outlook. Is this normal? Is there any way I can let my desktop Outlook know that the send/receive date has been changed so that it doesn't fetch all the duplicate emails?

FYI, I leave 60 days of emails on my pop3 server as a backup and so that I can access my email from an Internet cafe if I don't have my laptop with me.
jtruchon

Post by jtruchon »

Martin;

Did you ever get and answer to this..? I'm having the same problem, downloading all the mail again...lot of duplicate.

JT
- John {registered user}
pepitoalex

Post by pepitoalex »

jtruchon wrote:Martin;

Did you ever get and answer to this..? I'm having the same problem, downloading all the mail again...lot of duplicate.

JT

if I understand what you talking about, this problem is maybe a configuration in outlook, on the "advanced options" tab of the property email account, make sure you do not have a check box checked "stay an exemple of the message on the server", because I don't think EZOS can't touch your mail server, it working locally.

Do you use an Exchange server or a POP serveur ?

sorry for my english, I'm french and I don't know if the outlook options is called as the same like I wrote, I tried to translate what I see in my french outlook.

Alex.