After synch, Source Moved...?

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
KennethS

After synch, Source Moved...?

Post by KennethS »

Howdy,

Whenever I launch Outlook on my Source system after completing a synch operation, I get an error telling me that my PST file has “moved.”

At that point, after clearing the error, Outlook launches properly, and points to the correct PST. That would seem to indicate that the PST had not moved at all, but was, in some other way, changed.

That would seem fine, but whatever is generating that error, is causing other problems:

I use SpamBayes to manage Spam, and it tells me that it needs to be re-configured. The re-configuration process is rather elaborate.

Also, my Outlook rules for the management of certain incoming mail all fail because their folder assignments are seen as “unspecified.”

As you will understand, this is all quite a hassle. Can you suggest a way of correcting these problem?

Very sincere thanks,

Kenneth
dcohn

Is there any comment with the message below?

Post by dcohn »

I had the exact same scenario occur just now using another Outlook Sync product as a test SYNCPST.

I did NOT even run the sync. I just fired up the software and let it look at my pst. That was enough to trash SpamBayes and require I reconfigure (just addd the folders it works with back in) and destroy all my rule folder locations which was a nightmare as I have 90 rules.

Now that I see your software does this as well and you don't even reply to peoples complaints. That finishes the idea of trying to sync.

VERY ODD INDEED>

Doug
KennethS

Post by KennethS »

Hi Doug,

There are other aspects to this that I would be happy to describe privately if you care to write me at sole@PLEASE-REMOVE-THISsoleassociates.com.

All the best,

Kenneth