Page 1 of 1

Missing fields including email address

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:11 am
by pauldpauld
I've been using your software for a few months, and it is working well, except for this bug.

Out of approximately 200 Outlook contacts, all were initially transferred to my android phone correctly.

Recently, I have noticed that some data in fields in my outlook contacts are missing. After some examination I tried exporting from Outlook my outlook contacts. The missing fields were actually in the outlook CSV file. I am therefore assuming that for some reason Outlook-Android Sync is causing the data in the fields to be hidden within Outlook.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I am reluctant to retype the missing information if this is just going to be hidden again.

I have just updated today to the new versions on both my android phone and on my PC, this has not altered those hidden items.

I'm running Windows 7 with Outlook 2007 the version seems to be 12.0.6774.5000
android version 5.1.1
thanks for any guidance!

Re: Missing fields including email address

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:10 am
by admin
Could you please mention specifically which fields you're talking about? If you create a new test contact in Outlook with these fields filled in, will it stay this way with the fields visible? If yes, will it change after the sync? Thanks!

Re: Missing fields including email address

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:25 am
by pauldpauld

fields include:
phone (all the phone fields)
What has been retained (visible); picture, name

I have copied back the information into Outlook fields.

If I encounter any further issues I will advise, but at this point it seems to be syncing/working correctly.

Thanks for your prompt response, I'm happy with your software!

Re: Missing fields including email address

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 am
by admin
Okay, glad it works as expected now but in case you experience something similar in the future, please forward me (via PM here in the forum) the latest log file (that's accessible if you click on Tools->Last log in the Windows version of OAS), will have a look at what might be causing the problem. Thanks!