Sync duplicates events

Post your bug reports and support issues here.
Salvemundum

Sync duplicates events

Post by Salvemundum »

Hi!
The second time I synced my phone with Outlook I'm quite sure there where no changes to sync but the dialogue box confirming the sync was done showed over 900 changes both ways. Almost all of the whole day events was duplicated and was shown two times both in the phone calendar and in Outlook in my laptop.
regedit.PNG
regedit.PNG (80.24 KiB) Viewed 22929 times
I managed to resolve this in Outlook because I had a copy of the PST-file made a few days before. But how to fix this on the phone?

When I tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner in the Google calendar app and check under the "Outlook-Android Sync" account I see one entry called "No Category" and hundreds of "Starred in Android".

I want to insert screenshots from Google calendar app, Outlook calendar and the registry on the laptop, but when I click on the picture button above all I get is "img" between brackets followed by "/img" between brackets.
Do I need to upload the picture to another webiste and insert the URL "img" (between brackets) and "/img" (between brackets)?
Do you have any suggestions what webiste to use? Can I use OneDrive?

I found this tip:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/ou ... a-computer
At the bottom of the page they state that if you can't find the VirtualOutlook key in the following location in the Windows registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot\Virtual\VirtualOutlook
then Outlook was not delivered by Click-to-Run. And I can't find it under ...Office\15.0\... and not under ...Office\16.0\... either.

Office was preinstalled on this laptop. Then I bought a one year Office 365 Personal subscription. That should not affect my Office installation I hope.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync duplicates events

Post by admin »

Please forward us the latest log file (you can send it to me via PM here in the forum), which can be accessed by starting the Windows version of OAS and clicking on Tools->Last log. Will check what went wrong with the second sync.
As for the duplicate entries on your phone. If you used the default app settings, you can uninstall and then reinstall the Android version of Outlook-Android sync to reset its state.
Salvemundum

Post by Salvemundum »

Hi!
I deleted the app from the phone, reinstalled it and ran the sync once. It did not go well at all. Almost all of my contacts and calender events was deleted from both the PC and the phone. I have sent a PM to admin with the log before and after the reinstall. Here comes a screenshot from the message box displayed when the sync was done:
Synk 2018-02-24 17.50.PNG
Synk 2018-02-24 17.50.PNG (96.79 KiB) Viewed 22897 times
As you can see Notes was not affected att all.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the log files. The first one is empty, the second one contains some data, will analyze and revert.
BTW If you need to restore the deleted items, you can find them in the Deleted Items folder in Outlook.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, seems I have misinformed you. Once you uninstall the Android version of Outlook-Android Sync, you'd also need to delete the OutlAndr.ini file from the Windows version (can be found here: C:\Users\Your_Windows_Username\AppData\Roaming\Outlook-Android Sync) in order to completely reset the sync state.