Is it possible to speed up syncronisation?

General talk about our software.
robbiemac

Is it possible to speed up syncronisation?

Post by robbiemac »

My pst file is 1.3GB. Because I have used Outlook now for 5 years the Archive file is huge with old emails etc.

Last night the total sync time was 1 hour and 30 mins.

Any suggestions as to how I can streamline this and shorten the timescale?

Many thanks
robbiemac

Post by robbiemac »

I have since tried syncronising individual items for example Tasks and Contacts which works at a very quick pace.

I therefore assume that to avoid lengthy syncronisation times I need to just select individual items. This however would defeat the purpose of buying the full syncronisation facility.

I await your reponse.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you using EZOS Pro? It has noticable faster synchronization speeds than the standard EZOS edition.
robbiemac

Post by robbiemac »

Yes that is using the EZOS Pro version.

Since last posting I am also noticing that my tasks are duplicating from 1 machine to the other. This is creating me extra work instead.

I'm afraid I am starting to get a bit negative about this software.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You may try to alter the items comparision option.
westwood

Have you thought about breaking up your archive?

Post by westwood »

Have you thought about breaking up your archive?

I've evolved to using separate PST archives, by date range, so no individual PST is larger than will fit on a single CD, about 650 MB. My archives go back to 1996, and in the heaviest periods of use I could only fit about three months of data in one PST, but for several years I've been able to get a whole year's worth of data. I name the PST files by the time period, e.g., 1998Q3 for the third quarter of 1998. Outlook has all these PSTs open at the same time and I can still find anything I need quickly.

Since I'm not making any changes on old items, I only have to synchronize the one current PST. Every time I archive a new period there's a little work to move my calendar and contacts to the current PST.

Just an idea, but it works for me.